Will putting Linux on my 2019 MacBook Pro allow me to use NAA

Will putting Linux on my 2019 MacBook Pro M1 Max allow me to use NAA so HQP will recognize my Auralic Altair G1.1. It isn’t essential but I do hate letting such a program be wasted.

Opps! I made a mistake. My music MBPro is 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5.

You can run NAA on your Mac by installing nerworkaudiod: Index of /bins/naa/mac/

Thank you. I downloaded the last one in the list. It opened in terminal which I left open. I then opened HQP Desktop and the preferences were different. It showed NAA but it pointed to the MBPro it is on:speakers and microphone. I wanted it to recognize my DAC which does not have NAA built in (Auralic Altair G1.1). I guess that means there isn’t anything I can do but what I decided when I kept this machine for it’s sound quality. Forget about using HQP.

RPi4 keeps being mentioned but with no explanation as to why yet another piece of equipment would work. It has just occurred to me that is RPi4 a windows thing? Therefore it wouldn’t work with my MBPro. Right or wrong? How would it make my Altair recognizable and usable by HQP?

You need to use USB to connect your DAC. Since it’s network side doesn’t support NAA.

My DAC is connect via USB to a Micro Rendu. No idea what else I would connect it to?

OK, then you shouldn’t run networkaudiod anywhere. It is already in your microRendu.

It has various inputs. It’s Ethernet input doesn’t support HQPlayer NAA.

Do you have HQPlayer NAA enabled in microRendu settings? Or microRendu running my NAA OS instead of the stock OS? USB input selected in your DAC?

I am all sorted as regards this. Yes I have HQP selected in MR settings. The USB is connected to the DAC and to the MR. The MR is Ethernet connected. As is the DAC, the Amp and everything!

Thank you kindly.