Windows 10 Pro not showing Roon menu bar [Solved – install latest video driver]

Hi @joakim ---- Appreciated the kind words :slight_smile: and thank you for the follow up!

Concerning getting the logs over to us, I will be contacting you via PM with another upload method momentarily.

-Eric

Full screen mode (hit F11) just tells Windows to hide the titlebar and window borders, and then makes the Roon application full screen. This works because your system is hiding the titlebar totally.

The question here is if there is something wrong with the Windows version you have or if the driver is doing something funny.

Given that you are all running Windows + NUC w/ their driver, I’m guessing it’s the driver. Is anyone having this issue on non-NUC?

Not having the issue on any of my non-NUC Windows PCs. Nor am I having the issue with a Gigabyte Brix NUC i5 using the basic MS drivers. Will flip in a Win 10 pro install into my ROCK NUC to test.

1 Like

Recently there was a discussion – which I cannot find now – about Roon’s window being cropped, so that in effect the Title portion of the window covered part of the Roon window proper, specifically the options at the window’s top. I’ve run into this. Here is how things look on new HTPC running Win10 Pro x64 and Roon 1.3:

You can see that, for example, the three-bar, left-most icon and the next-to-left “back” icon are overlaid.

This appearance is seen on a locally attached monitor and on Remote Desktop.

By contrast, here’s how I expect things to look (this is from a Roon Control app running on my main PC desktop):

Any ideas? My new HTPC has an ASUS Z270-A motherboard, i7-7700 CPU, 16GB RAM, built-in Intel HD Grahpics 630. realtech VR OpenGL Extensions Viewer 5.0 says there is OpenGL 4.4 and DirectX 9, 11.0.

This sounds like a driver issue. I would recommend updating / reinstalling the graphic driver.

I already checked the driver for the display, which is Intel HD Graphics 630. But now I found on the Intel site a slightly newer driver, 15.45.19.4678. I installed it. But I still have my problem. And now I see that, in Device Manager, the date is the same as before; I presume the driver version is, too (although I didn’t record the version before I installed the update).

The driver, according to Device Manager, is Intel HD graphics 630 version 21.20.16.4678, dated 17 May 2017.

The issue goes beyond the Title bar overlaying the Roon controls. For example, look at where the cursor has been placed for starting a network share:

I’ve observed similar misplacements in a lot of the control menus.

Another data point: I just observed the same issues with a different monitor (somewhat newer) and connector (DisplayPort versus DVI for the old monitor).

Does this mis-alignment change if you use Roon in Fullscreen mode (hit F11)?

I should have thought of trying that. No, the issue of misalignment in network share doesn’t show up in fullscreen (F11 toggle) (I used the DVI connection to the older monitor).

Thanks for asking.

Hi, i have exactly the same issue, both with the window frame obscuring Roon controls & menu plus the mouse pointer offset. Have the same Intel driver version, and the w10 creator version. I use a 4k TV as monitor. And yes, the driver is correctly configured.

I rolled back the driver to .4624 and the problem went away. So driver related yes, but are we sure Roon is behaving correctly? Just a question :slight_smile: . Secondly how does this get fixed? Does Roon bug report to Intel if they are at fault?

Same NUC, same driver, same Windows 10 version (creator) and… same problem with Roon.
Thanks for your help.

The issue has gone away on my computer - either a computer update or Roon magic.
Thank you. Peter

I rolled my video driver back to the last version (4590) , and everything works fine now. Skull Canyon. It all started with the newest version on the driver, 4568.

Intel messed up again!

I can also confirm that the latest driver from Intel fixed the issue so this thread can be closed on my behalf as thread starter.

I am now using this driver without the issue:

Please observe that this driver comes with the note that it may introduce flashing or blinking screens if running at 4K, which does not apply for me.