Would Qobuz releases still appear in my library if I cancelled?

I need to cut some monthly outgoings and Qobuz is on the line. I have around 5000 releases in my Roon library but would like to refer back to these to keep track of loved songs and playlists. If I cancel Qobuz can I still see releases in my library if i’m still logged in?

I believe as soon as Roon sees you do not have an active Qobuz subscription all the albums from Qobuz you had saved will disappear from your Roon library

One smoked Kipper for you, thanks!

Do you have another streaming service such as Tidal, Apple Music, or Spotify? If you do, you can use Soundiz to copy your Qobuz links to the other streaming service.

Or, in Roon, you can export your Qobuz links to a CSV file or Excel spreadsheet so you don’t lose them.

1 Like

There was a change some time ago that means only an active Qobuz account can now be used to sign in via Roon. It used to be the case that an inactive account could still sign in, but not now.

Having said all of this, any streaming service release that has been added to your library will remain in your database until your clean up your library. This means that, if you re-subscribe, your library will show the Qobuz releases again.

1 Like

I missed that change… I’ve obviously not looked at Qobuz for a while!

Hey @fireapple, please see @SukieInTheGraveyard’s expert answer, quoted above. I can confirm this Roon behavior, my Qobuz account expired over the weekend (yikes :scream:)

I was able to see art for the missing albums but clicking on them showed an empty screen with “Album not found”. Tracks from Qozub in playlists showed unavailable. Once I re-upped my subscription, everything came back. Whew! :face_exhaling:

As others mentioned, Soundiiz can help you move your albums from one service to another. I believe they still offer a discount to Roon customers. You can find it in this Roon blog post

1 Like

Thanks @SukieInTheGraveyard @jamie and all!

2 Likes