Wrong artist link for fado singer

Content you’re reporting an issue with

The album Fado Camoes has ‘lina’ as artist, but clicking on her name leads to an American r&b singer which in turn links to other ‘linas’.

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

No

Is the album identified in Roon?

Yes

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Qobuz

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

Thanks for reporting @Leo_Reijnen. I’ve contacted the relevant metadata providers (it’s the streaming services who have this wrong).

Thanks, Joel. I am not sure about the proper procedure. In future, should I contact Quobuz directly or is there another party that provides these metadata?
Leo

In this case, multiple streaming services are getting it wrong, but if you spot something in Qobuz’s own apps that is obviously wrong, feel free to let them know!

Ah, but I never use the Qobuz app! It’s Roon and Roon only for me…

1 Like

Dear Roon, the Lina who sings the magnificent Fado Camões is a Portuguese Fado singer, not an R-&-B singer from Detroit. Dear everyone else, listen, this is one of the great voices.

I moved the topic to Metadata and edited the topic title.

Because you didn’t post in Metadata directly, you didn’t see the regular posting template that asks for all the details. Please provide these answers so that RoonLabs can know what exactly you are referring to.

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Please include a screenshot of the album if applicable. →

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

Is the album identified in Roon?

Click the album and check if it says “Unidentified” in the info section →

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

If local, please share a screenshot of the file tags. →

Screenshot of import settings

Please share a screenshot of your import settings in Settings > Library. →

Description of the issue

Explain in detail and provide screenshots where applicable →

This is via Qobuz. Clicking on ‘Lina’ takes to the page for the US R&B singer.

I moved the last two posts into this thread which covers the same issue. TiVo made changes to their Lina credits today, so this should be fixed on our servers soon.

1 Like

Great. It’s a gorgeous album.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.