Wrong artist mixed up: Gideon Klein

Content you’re reporting an issue with

I found this issue on 2021 album The Absolute Universe: The Breath of Life by Transatlantic.

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

Yes, I uploaded the appropriate cover of the album (instead of the wrong one previously available identifying the album, which refers to another edited version of the same album).
I also added some credits, but none of my edits is linked to existence the issue I am reporting.

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Local files.

Screenshot of import settings

Metadata for tracks setting all on “Prefer Roon”.

Description of the issue

On this album artist Gideon Klein provided viola, cello and string bass recordings.

As you can see in the following screenshots, Roon credits two artists named Gideon Klein:

• the first one (that with artist image) is the correct one, a young American string player who often collaborates with the band of the album and its members. This entry comes from Musicbrainz (Gideon Klein - MusicBrainz).

The problem is that while MusicBrainz has both the American string player and the Czech composer, AllMusic has only the last one.
So AllMusic needs a new (not yet existing) American player Gideon Klein entry and needs to change this credit with the new one in order to solve this wrong identification.

I hope I explained myself properly.
Thanks!

Hi @Marco_Bisi. Thanks for the detailed explanation (which is really helpful). We’ve asked TiVo to perform a thorough review of all “Gideon Klein” credits.

Cc: @jamie

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.