X-SPDIF 2 and Matrix SABER PRO MQA

I am currently using the Nucleus ROON + connected to the Matrix SABER PRO MQA via a USB cable.
I am interested in purchasing Matrix X-SPDIF 2 and connect it to the Nucleus with a USB cable and then to the Matrix SABER PRO MQ
with an HDMI cable. However, I am not sure if the Nucleus I am using will detect the X-SPDIF 2 and Matrix X SABER PRO MQA sets connected in this way. Does anyone use this configuration?

I’m not using a Nucleus but a Innuos Zen with a Matrix X-SPDIF 2. I use it to covert USB to AES/EBU to run to my Anthem processor. I’ve had for about 2 years and it has performed flawlessly.

Can’t say for sure it will work with your system, but I would bet it will.

Good luck!

Marc

Should work fine. I have a nucleus connect via USB to the X-SPDIF 2 and then to a Directstream DAC via HDMI.

thank you very much

@Waldemar_Rataj did you get the X-SPDIF 2 ? I have the same setup and considering it as well.

everything works without problems nucleus - X-SPDIF 2 via USB - X-SPDIF 2 - DAC Matrix via Ils

@Waldemar_Rataj what was the sound difference when you added the x-spdif 2, if any? I have a similar set-up and wondering if it’s worth the purchase.

What’s the benefit of using the x-spdif 2 over USB straight from Nucleus to Saber Pro?

Playing with ROON Ncleus in such a setup avoids the most serious disadvantages of such a solution (USB interface imperfections in an audio application). The X-SPDIF 2 converter converts the USB signal to IIS.

But MQA is not working through I2S or?

Because I’ve installed today my X-SPDIF 2 ( SoTM NEO → X-SPDIF 2 ( I2S- Out) → Matrix Mini 3 Pro) and tested then some MQA files, I can say, that’s not possible in this constellation to fully decode them.
For me it’s not really an issue, because my own library hasn’t no MQA file included and additional I’m using Qobuz, which presents only a few MQA files.

Now I’ve to decide, if it’s worth to use the X-SPDIF 2 or the direct connection through USB.