Yesterday I quit Tidal and joined Qobuz and now I'm happiest guy in the world

That could be more successful but my albums that i transferred I’d say about 15% were incorrect (not including albums just not found).

That is actually fixable for me but the tracks really aren’t.

In case it was an issue with Soundiiz I tried the other service:

Its fixed the explicit / multiple album version issue but its categorised the tracks and albums incorrectly, more so than soundizz.

I can see why its done this, the album title murky waters matches something they found but they can’t find the actual artist the album is released by (the one i have added in Tidal).

I have no idea why there is a random sountrack album.

I imagine this only gets worse if you have a larger library than me.

1 Like

So here I am again looking at switching to Qobuz from Tidal
I can see a few posts above about transferring playlists and albums but they are not that effective after doing some more research.
So I think the only way I can do it is to go into each album I have added from Tidal and then click on versions and then add the Qobuz version.
Then when I have completed that task for the 600 or so albums I can cancel Tidal

Will be interesting to see if I do this …or I give up :grinning:

It’s $3.00

Yeah but it seems to be a tad problematic.
If I could find a service that did this without error I would pay a lot more than £3. :grinning:

Especially as I am sick already and probably only moved 20 or so albums

Just to report back on this, tried switching again because I got a three month trial for Qobuz with my THX Onyx.

It actually worked this time, I don’t know if its because Qobuz worked with them to improve this (saw on their twitter they are promoting the option) or because I did it in a different way.

This time I used Roons export for soundizz. Importing that in soundizz and transferring all the albums and tracks to Qobuz gave me a list of albums that didn’t transfer because they dont exist (thankfully only about 10).

Looking in Roon it was so much cleaner this time, I only found 2 junk tracks.

3 Likes

Soundiiz seems to do a much better job matching roon exported playlists than using soundiiz platform to platform. Haven’t tried it for albums, but I’m guessing it would work better, too.

It looks like roon appends some sort of guid? Wonder what that is and if that’s why it works better?

Yeah that was my impression too. Not sure on the details but its certainly a welcome change.

Quboz would need to drop its price a bit for me to consider leaving tidal,but I don’t think they’d drop to £1 a month as that’s what I pay for tidal hifi plus

lol I dont think price is relevant. Btw tidal sucks

1 Like