You know, sometimes I forget how bloody good Roon is

Other than sharing of the Music files for the other systems I play with, nothing else thats running all the time. I occasionally need to test something on Windows and this PC along with a VM on my Mac is where I normally do it.

All the PC/MAC machines run as Roon Server headless and I do run Roon Client if I am remotely accessing them just to keep it real, but normally they are headless operation and ONLY Roon Server. Everything other than the Mac’s are fanless and running on LMPS’ (HDPlex 200W’s)

NAS is used to backup the Music Libraries too

At some point I will probably dop all the local storage of the Music and rely only on Tidal/Qobuz streaming - as these are now catching up with all my ripped CD’s and just leave a spattering of other content that can sit on much smaller local storage. Have to move with the times :slight_smile:

I feel you on this. Sometimes I wonder if all this local curation is worth it. The streaming services are great but 5% of the time something is not quite the right version or there’s a glitch. That, plus the provenance factor keeps my local hard drive (and CD player) in business.

1 Like

I still have all the CD’s and the storage and cataloging are just a mess - BUT I dont have a CD player currently connected to any system…My wife says dump it all, but I also have a lot of vinyl too - and while I have many TT’s only have 2 connected (2 rooms) at any one time.

My wife probably owns 1/2 the vinyl in the house much of which we acquired together - shared love but not always the same artists we like. The trick is remembering if you playing vinyl while doing other things to pick up he stylus and flip rather than letting it sit in the run out for ages as I have done in the past :man_facepalming: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes