Tormented (REAL ALBUM COVER)

2 Likes

@AceRimmer Do you like Staind?

If you like Staind

hell yeah, buddy me too!

I do and have seen them live twice.
Have most of their albums on CD.

2 Likes

Book of roses - Vollenweider. Magical music…
The city - Vangelis. Industrial music - for me #1 from Maestro
Blade runner - #2
Singularity - Jon Hopkins. Strange but I like it
Drive soundtrack
Big blue soundtrack
The soul session - Joss Stone
Overgrown - James Blake
Twin peaks soundtrack
Nielot - Król (warning: polish music :slight_smile: )
Requiem - Mozart

Plus maybe 10 more but not as important for me… Sade etc:)
But first 3 albums are my favourite for last 20y

2 Likes

I discovered these guys only recently, and wow, this album!

4 Likes

6 Likes

Just reminding posters what this thread was meant to contain;

.sjb

It reminded me it’s been a year since I posted anything here. Going with a soundtrack album but it’s a good one. Fifty years since the film was released, the blu ray is worth a purchase as well. The record is one belting reggae track after another, Johnny Too Bad, Pressure Drop, Shanty Town and Draw Your Brakes would be my top four tracks but the album doesn’t really put a foot wrong for me.

9 Likes

Obviously, I hope, Qobuz & Spotify (free) are also included for the benefit of all :thinking:

1 Like

I saw this, underage as it was an 18, in my home town. I thought it was tough where I lived until I saw this, quite an eye opener for a 16 year old.
Bizarrely, it was a double feature with Carwash.

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-637887245504815580
I’ve lived with this album for 40 years now, I still have the vinyl version I bought when it was released in 1982. Even after all these years it still has me dancing around my living room. The album fades a bit towards the end but side one (tracks 1 - 6) is just stunning.

7 Likes

Been a Sting fan since his Police days…This is a pretty good album as he keeps reinventing his genre…

6 Likes

Just reigniting a topic created by @Sloop_John_B.

I have to put this in my Desert Island Disc choices. I’ve loved this album ever since I bought it in 1978. Listening again yesterday it seems that the UK, at least, is still a million miles away from resolving many issues addressed on this album. The songs are all great btw :+1:

I don’t have Tidal, so cannot confirm if it is available on there, but the Qobuz version needs to address the spelling of Grey :grin:
TRB

4 Likes

My top 5 (or so) rock albums would include Revolver and Rubber Soul. The first 2 albums I owned also remain among my favorites (Disraeli Gears and The Byrds Greatest Hits). These are among the albums I’ve continued to play for decades without growing tired of them. The next tier would include too many to rank, and the ranking probably would change every time I revisited it.

Among classical recordings, one of my favorites is Frederica Von Stade singing Songs of the Auvergne, Royal Philharmonia Orchestra, Antonio De Almeida, CBS Masterworks.

Oh, and now is almost the time of year to break out “What If Mozart Wrote ‘Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas’” (Hampton String Quartet).

1 Like

Love it, although my favorite is Kyuss’ Blue for the Red Sun Album. Unbelievable.

Perhaps not my favourite, but a damn fine piece of work by Matt Johnson, who, on being asked about the rising price of albums (LPs, CDs) said something along the lines of “I don’t think 8 pounds is a lot to ask in exchange for 8 months of my life”.

Listen to “The Beat(en) Generation” and marvel at this guy’s prescience - it was written in 1989 but is so, so today.

9 Likes

In my “Top Ten” as well, with me since all those years as all the other stuff Matt did / does. It’s amazing how brutally accurate the album’s content still is today.

2 Likes

This month, fav album of all times for me (just to take it off my mind I have to say that the favourite piece/song/track is Adagio from Franz Schubert String Quintet in C Major, D. 956).

But back to all time favourite album:

PS: Wonderfull thread

10 Likes