Your First Album?

RoonShareImage-638258227110252195

RoonShareImage-638258250506646613

3 Likes

4 Likes

1968 I started in dead earnest …

2 Likes

I think I’m winning the most rubbish album purchased with your own money award by miles :rofl:

4 Likes

The first one given to me would have been something by Mozart, Brahms or Beethoven. It was another decade before I discovered Sabbath, Maiden, Priest et alia.

Machine Head from Deep Purple.

I was ten years old when I got a small mono recordplayer as birthday present. That was then the first record ever on my own “equipment”.
prachtige-philips-633-woodcase-koffer-platenspeler
Something like that. I cannot find the orginal as I do not remember the type and Brand anymore

6 Likes

Ohhh I know these. There were more of that series - and some with somewhat more “free” front covers :slight_smile: :wink:

Apparently the BBC didn’t copyright TOTP so Hallmark made free.

First album. Step father insisted on listening to it and when Maggie thatcher and the tories were insulted insisted I took it back. Started a life long rebellious streak in me……
Following that ‘Madness’ guess he was too thick to understand the double meanings.

3 Likes

It was a Weavers box set of 45’s but not exactly this, probably out of print, but had to be late 50’s.

Bought this in 1970. On the original version of the album ‘Venus’ was not there.

Btw, my second album was Led Zeppelin II

3 Likes

I bought 2 at once:

In a gadda da vida - Iron Butterfly

Woodstock 3 lp set

7 Likes

My first vinyl record when I was 10 (1969) was actually an EP: Mozart’s Childrens Symphony

My first vinyl album when I was 13 (1972) was American Pie by Don McLean
McLean

My first CD when I was 23 (1982) was The Enigma Variations by Edward Elgar

My first Roon ‘album’ was a couple of years ago. Where do we go from here?

(increasing on a near daily basis)

1 Like

My youngest uncle split up with a girlfriend and gave me an album he got as a present from her. He didn’ like it, but for me it laid the basis of my whole music experience.
Obscured by Clouds, Pink Floyd
41MW804MPJL._SY300_SX300_QL70_FMwebp_1

9 Likes

Great start!

First musical gift from parents during a brief spell in hospital in 1972. Should have really kept this when I disposed of all my cassettes…but didn’t :frowning_face:

Not sure which of these I bought first (with pocket money). Still have them both and in later years bought another copy of Relics, but DID NOT colour in the sleeve. :laughing:

6 Likes

it was in the beginning 70th, my age 12 or 13…
Heintje

the player I had:
Mister Hit
(Telefunken Mister Hit)

8 Likes

Black Sabbath Master of Reality

10 Likes

Add images
FreakOut!

Bought at a Woolworth’s knowing nothing about it. Just thought it looked cool and was a double album for the price of a single. Litlle did I know how great it was.

9 Likes

My parents were very skeptical about the skull and the name of the band… :rofl:

5 Likes