Your Nice Photos - list camera details too if you like [2022-02]

Certainly not the USA.

1 Like

I think everyone from the USA should move to the UK.
A few months would soon have them all realizing just how good they really have it in the USA :relaxed:.

And yes I am semi serious😉

I would have agreed with you before T.

I agree the USA ain’t what it was by far but I still think I’m in the right place.
True I do miss some things from Blighty especially when I view some of the posts in here.

Eskdale village

1 Like

24 posts were merged into an existing topic: Marmite love it or hate it

Just across the street from my, other, place (North Yorkshire) but, in my homeland there loads of goldfinches. You’re in a beautiful area (but you already know that) :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I thank my lucky stars daily. I do enjoy a hop across the border to Yorkshire too. Malham is especially nice.

2 Likes

Tarn and gorge.

3 Likes

But…to get back on topic ( hmm, yes actually I miss those too)

The Japanese Gardens at Jacksonville Zoo.

10 Likes

I have been trying to take a picture that does our local Bluebell wood justice. I walk through it almost every day and its lovely but a camera phone just doesnt really capture the glorious carpet of blue! Maybe I’ll take my DSLR up there and see if it can do any better, but in the meantime here are the best of a bad lot!

13 Likes

Put that phone down and throw the ball :dog2:

4 Likes

Yeah she was not co-operating with the photographer, just being impatient!

1 Like

Flower of the day: Purple Daisy

12 Likes

Yup, it’s difficult to capture the full glory of Bluebells in bloom. Here’s a shot from 2 years ago in our garden, and it falls short of reality…

And the subtle scent of Bluebells always takes me back to my youth walking in Bluebell woods on the Isle of Man. A scent mixed with the scent of Wild Garlic (or Stinking Roger, as my mother called it…).

10 Likes

It makes you realise what an amazing video processing combination your eyes and your brain are. You have a lovely garden Geoff!

My turn to post some “not doing it justice” bluebell shots. Screamer Woods near Brighouse (and Rastrick :wink: ), West Yorkshire, UK. Today.

18 Likes

For those who dont get the… and Rastrick reference

1 Like

I missed the chance for a poor “floral” based pun there…

2 Likes

I remember Brighouse well (although not these woods). I spent 3 years living in Battyeford, near Mirfield.

1 Like