Your Nice Photos - list camera details too if you like [2022-02]

Not an antebellum mansion; the Pierides Museum in Larnaca, Cyprus.

11 Likes

Sunday morning’s stroll, time waits for no-one, including once beautiful beech trees….(Bulverton Hill & Plantation, near Sidmouth)…

10 Likes

A real beekeeper -

Kind of a cheat, as it isn’t a picture I took, but good enough to bust someone’s chops. :sunglasses:

From this Guardian article -

7 Likes

The master in light !!

3 Likes

Taking a Bow

Farnborough Airshow 1980 ish … Olympus OM4 Tamron 300mm f 2.8 , not sure what film probably Fujichrome

13 Likes

Malham , North Yorkshire

Bronica 645 - 35 mm f2.8 - Ilford FP4 120 - home processed

18 Likes

Was the rhino called Neil?

When we lived in Austria, we visited Römerstadt Carnuntum Carnuntum — Römerstadt Carnuntum a few times. They’ve reconstructed a number of Roman buildings on the site including Spas, underfloor heating, toilets etc. Really fascinating place. So much of how we build homes and infrastructure and how we live today has its origins in Roman civilisation from around two thousand years ago.

1 Like

He must bee getting a buzz from beeing with those beestly bees…:confounded:

1 Like

6 Likes

​​When I was into arty farty photography

It took a Benbo tripod with the head upside down the camera upside down and a black bin liner to kneel on in wonderful MUD …

Bronica 645 - Macro 100mm f16 Fuji Reala

12 Likes

At least yours had a horn

Not a great shot but you can see that the poor rhino has had its major horn sawn off (under vet supervision I must add). We are losing literally hundreds of rhino annually to poaching , they are being killed to crop the horn for sale in the East as an aphrodisiac. It’s BIG business.

Even the National Parks are losing them , the Kruger lost 394 in 2020 and that’s just the bodies that were found mutilated. The military have been drafted in to find the poachers and the numbers are better but it’s still happening…

They best estimate is Kruger has a little over 3500 left - Endangered Species !! They are so placid , literally gentle giants.

Sorry for the rant - a pet hate subject

11 Likes

One of my favourite accidental photos. Unedited off the 5DMK2. The parliament fields in Iceland. I call it the rock cat. It wasn’t until a couple of years later that someone pointed it out when going through a photo dump, and said “Oh, that looks like a cat in the rocks”. I really hadn’t noticed and was just snapping the awesome surroundings.

19 Likes

Limassol Cyprus

18 Likes

Mars :grinning:
Well actually Iceland

18 Likes

Surely that’s parasol… :wink:

3 Likes

Tip you waitress, unfortunately he’s here all week :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I scrolled up to that one and thought, that looks like Malham as it appeared.

Why has it changed ? Harry Potter must have moved the staircase :rofl:

1 Like

I saw a similar set of umbrellas in Rome I believe . They were all individual.