Your Nice Photos - list camera details too if you like [2022-02]

You’re right Tim, I took about 30 photographs in the hope of finding something to give the construction dates but found nothing. However, a bit of googling revealed that “The first record of the house dates from 1479…” :flushed:

1 Like

I love crazily old places, they basically blow my mind!

I remember being on a night time ‘ghost tour’ of York years ago, and the guide mentioned that the little alleyway we were walking along had been proven to be a well used byway for around 6,000 years! I could feel time, and the passage of countless people over the ages, just swallowing me up…

4 Likes

Rain and fog today so shorter walk

Sony A6000, Sigma 16mm f 1.4
Hautes Fagnes, Belgium

18 Likes

Schwebebahn Wuppertal, Germany

16 Likes

On my walk today!

15 Likes

I visited Wuppertal many times during my working life. The “suspension railway” is an amazing spectacle when you see it for the first time. I guess every local person knows the story of Tuffi the elephant. :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, and we use the Schwebebahn just as naturally as others the bus or the subway.
In case someone doesn’t know the Schwebebahn: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuppertal_Schwebebahn

3 Likes

Meet up with my sister and brother in law to hike Hell’s Hollow Falls Trail, great time!

15 Likes

You do get out on some great walks

1 Like

I try, I’m in the process of getting my friend to go hike up Mt Katahdin In January :star_struck:

1 Like

Wouldn’t mind doing that myself, it’s a beautiful looking mountain :pray:t3:

1 Like

The UK is having a splendid year for Bracket Fungi, this lot observed on the morning stroll…
Non-Fungal photos to follow…

13 Likes

Off topic, but that reminds me that Mycellium from the latest King Gizzard and the Lazard Wizard album is a great track.

1 Like

As “threatened” a few more from the Sunday morning stroll…

Winter Corn and scenery…

12 Likes

Short walk to my mailbox. Beautiful clear fall sky as well.

12 Likes

No fungi were harmed in the creation of these photos :sunglasses:

They’re edible apparently, but still unharmed :grin:

I come to view the beautiful world here and escape the twisted world i see on the news. Thank you

4 Likes

Just visited the Treaty Oak in downtown Jacksonville, a little oasis in a concrete jungle.
One of the largest and oldest live oak in Florida.
Me and Big :dog2:!

18 Likes

Such big and ancient trees are rare (sad :cry:) and awe inspiring to see in person! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes