Your Nice Photos - list camera details too if you like [2022-02]

My slides were scanned with a Nikon Coolscan using Nikon Scan and then into Photoshop. For the b&w films I no longer had the scanner available so I started using my enlarger, mounted with Sony A6000 and a nikon macro lens. The ARW file can be brought straight into Photoshop or Affinity Photo for processing.

2 Likes

I managed to get a picture of a rhinos arse at Chitwan… not worth the scan :grinning:

That’s a beautiful photo, Rob. Looks as if it’s painted.

3 Likes

I’ll second that, there’s nothing like a bit of flat water and reflection to bring out the best in a landscape. I’d guess it’s been post-processed some, but if so to good effect.

1 Like

I can beat that…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

10 Likes

Thanks.

That one hangs over the fireplace, printed on canvas with a nice pro frame. On canvas, it is hard to discern if it’s a painting or photo.

There was some post-processing; at the time, HDR was kinda my thing. In this case, I used a single image, but combined copies of -2EV, 0EV, and +2EV, which deepens contrast. Other than that, just a few minor curves adjustments.

It was my most ‘stolen’ work, which is largely why I left the business of creating images for online galleries. It’s amazing how many people just help themselves to photos without permission and repurpose them. (I once posted a nice night ocean shot on the coast of Maine. Somebody pinched it, layered a Velvet Elvis in the sky and posted the result as their own… the horror.)

1 Like

“How To Hide If You’re A Moose”

15 Likes

“Another Way To Hide If You’re A Moose” (Same moose, by the way.)

14 Likes

Personally, I do like stairs. They are down-to-earth.
Sorry, couldn’t resist! :wink:

Top: The Western Veil Nebula (Caldwell 36), a.k.a. “The Witch’s Broom”.
Bottom: The Eastern Veil Nebula (Caldwell 33).

14 Likes

This is my eldest, on the Great Orme railway during our summer holiday this year.

iPhone SE

13 Likes

lovely, and pretty country too.

1 Like

Butcher, Marrakech, Morocco

10 Likes

Trip to Brighton yesterday followed by a stroll along the Thames.

11 Likes

This is only possible in Bavaria.:joy:

10 Likes

Prost!

6 Likes

15 Likes

Years back I bought a Canon 9900 scanner to do mine, I used the CanoScan software then into Adobe Photoshop Elements 2

The scanner is long gone

Nah that’s a common shot , not very cooperative, they wander of leaving a bum shot :joy:, I have loads of em …

How about lifts that won’t go down ?

HHGTG