Zone grouping of unlike items

Core Machine Nucleus Serial #54B2030EA336 (Operating system Version 1.0 (build 175) stable/System info Version 1.6 (build 416) stable/Roon build number)

Hi. I’m new to Roon and in general am loving it. One thing I would like to see is to be able to group zones of unlike items. I have my nucleus connected to my DAC in my lounge. I would love to be able to walk out to the back yard and hear the same list playing through my simple setup connected to a chromecast.

Thanks

Dave L

1 Like

You can only group Roon Ready zones with other ones. Meridian can be grouped with Meridian and Sonos with Sonos as they are work arounds.
The zones have to fully support RAAT, as I understand things.

Chris, what you state is not quite correct. What the KB article on zone grouping states is:

Zones can only be grouped with other zones of the same type , meaning Squeezebox zones cannot be grouped with RAAT zones, Meridian zones can’t be grouped with Airplay zones, etc.

David’s feature request, whilst understandable, is probably tricky to accomplish. Having zones in a group means that the music is synchronised across all the zones in the group. Today, the same music can certainly be played simultaneously to unlike zones, but it’s not possible to keep the music in sync over time.

1 Like

I think you have stated what I was trying to say more clearly.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.