Zone Icons: What'd we miss?

Not true. It does not pickup any of my dacs over USB with the exception of my Mojo.

Are you referring to non-certified DACs? That’s a completely different matter–these are not zone icons they’re audio device icons. So, for example, my Chord 2Qute doesn’t have line art and will have the default speaker displayed unless I chose an alternative zone icon.

Hence why I said I want to use vendor icons. I know this is the case. I just want control of the DAC icons. Some of us dont care for rooms. IE: I use a PC with several DAC and outputs, I have to name my Outputs to tell them a part :smiley:

I understand. However, the topic is zone icons not device icons. IIRC device icons are created as part of the certification process, so it is unlikely that non-certified devices, such as the discontinued 2Qute, will be created.

This is what I describe as my zone. You must be really bored nitpicking my post.

Not nitpicking at all, being precise about @mike’s request.

Screenshot 2020-03-23 12.54.12

1 Like

There’s no Desktop PC icon that I can see - I have to use the laptop icon instead. (first-world problem, I know - but you did ask… :slightly_smiling_face: )

Second the bathtub without shower.
Also a surround/5 speaker icon would be welcome for the HDMI connection from ROCK.

1 Like

The middle one is sort of desktop’ish.

1 Like

I think that this depicts a (monophonic?) desktop office workplace:

grafik

Missed that one, although as BlackJack says, a stereo version would be preferable. And actually, I have 5.1 surround on my desktop PC, but hey, I’ll put up with stereo if it’s absolutely necessary :slightly_smiling_face:

Ah, there it is… I didn’t realize I could scroll that list down. Thanks.

1 Like

I don’t know if it has already been said, I am being lazy and don’t want to re-read the entire thread but wouldn’t it be fantastic to be able to add our own Zone Icon Art, it would have to fit certain criteria and maybe that would give some clever person the chance to build an app to create Zone Icon Art.

4 Likes

Any chance of a Man Cave one?

3 Likes

Can we get one for a “Bar” area please?
Maybe a martini glass or beer mug?

3 Likes

maybe a car with a side view rather than something that looks like a sofa with square speakers in the font :stuck_out_tongue: I guess there might be some that have some means to listen in their cars - even if its in the vicinity of the house via wifi. If I had a stonkin’ sound system in my car I would be be doing that…if it was better than my home setup or wanted some privacy.

and a raspberry pi looking logo maybe for those running them with non recognised hats or dacs

The Garden
Best
Armin

Hi there is already a laptop icon, select the “edit zone icon” option and then scroll down.

@mike, as the numbers increase maybe what Roon needs to add is a keyword filter to help track them down.

I also though of this but maybe we can also get like a pair of small stereo speakers? rather than a single speaker - who does mono these days?

1 Like

Could we please have a Apple Mac Pro icon (2019 model)

1 Like