Content showing as new when it shouldn't be

Bumping this to now after a few years I see …

My library is constantly adding “new” things from the archives and it’s driving me mad. I haven’t recently updated or added albums from the 90’s but they are all showing mixed in with more recent actual additions. I’m not using a NAS like the others above here … I have a USB Drive connected to a Win10 Server.

Hi @Jonathan_Greene,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Storage?

Of course I stepped away so no remote access for the screenshot …

Machine is a Dell XPS running 16MB RAM and the latest Win10 build.
Network is hardwired GigE.
Library is on an external USB Drive
I use Tidal and Qobuz
Can’t recall track count, but 20K+ if memory serves here.
Audio Devices include: Mytek Brooklyn, project audio pre box s2 digital, sonos devices, a number of google home and cast devices and a few Marantz receivers via AirPlay.

Also your Import Settings might be of interest here. What is your current setting for Import Date?

From Import Settings:

Roon Import was on as default. Doesn’t seem to have had an effect switching it - at least not right away.

I can see the progress spinner working on the top right of the interface, so perhaps that’s taking some time?

Hi @Jonathan_Greene,

Can you please share a screenshot of your activity spinner when you open it? Or if the import completed, has there been any change in behavior since modifying that setting?

still importing … actually scanning. No change to old, but you can see here in my screenshot that my library is pushing the latest up, but also keeping the old / new ones here too. In the red box are old things showing as new.

Still scanning … feels like this part of the process is broken.

interesting however the front page has changed … so I guess it’s just going to need the time to complete.

Hi @Jonathan_Greene,

It looks like quite a few tracks are still being imported as new. Do you mind sharing a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Storage tab?

I would like to verify that a watched location hasn’t been accidentally added twice because if Roon were to see duplicates of content, this would cause it to essentially be importing the duplicate content as “new”.

here you go … looks like it is stuck judging by the figures.

Hi @Jonathan_Greene,

Is the behavior still the same if you reboot your Core? Also, I’m seeing something a bit strange, it appears you may be connecting to the XPS_Server via a network connection instead of a local connection (outline by the computer with the internet icon).

Do you recall how you set up the connection to this drive, did you connect via SMB by any chance? Connecting to the Core’s share via SMB can cause some weird behavior, since the Core has to connect to the share via multiple hops (Core -> Router -> back to Core).

If you try to click on “Add Folder”, can you share a screenshot of the options you are presented in the side-bar? Don’t add a new location just yet, but I am curious to see how the side-bar looks like, it should look something like this:

Hmm. I’ll have to check that when back home in a few days. The drive is local to the machine so if it is network attached and that close that’s on me but yikes.

1 Like

Here’s that view … looks local to me.

Days later the scrolling wheel has stopped. It’s not perfect, but at least there’s a reasonable recency back in my view.

Hi @Jonathan_Greene,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear that the system has since stabilized. If you experience any further issues, do let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.