Cover art on Mac is okay, but no cover art on iPad [fixed]

since update to 1.2 I have no cover art on my iPad, but I have all the cover art on my Mac?

Hey @Beat_Schmutz – can you let me know what you’ve tried so far? Have you restarted Roon on the iPad? Have you rebooted the iPad, or the Core?

Are you sure the iPad is running the latest version of Roon and iOS, and has free space available?

Those are things I would check first, so let me know if that helps and the details of your setup, and we can take a look if you’re still having problems.

Hey Mike – thank you for your fast response, and, by the way, I love Roon!

The answers are yes, yes, yes, yes, and my iPad Pro 9.7 has 100GB of free space.
Just now I deleted the Roon remote app from my iPad, rebootet the iPad, and reinstalled Roon
remote, I still have no cover art. On the iPad Air 2 of my wife is also no cover art. But there I get the message ‘error loading page’?! Please don’t missunderstand, that’s no big deal, just weird!

Hey @Beat_Schmutz – sorry for the slow response here.

This definitely sounds network related, especially since it sounds like it’s only affecting your iOS devices. To be clear, the covers all show on the Mac running your Roon Core, right? Are there any other devices running Roon besides the two iPads and the Mac running your Core?

Has anything else changed on your Core or network recently? Are you running any security software, VPN, firewall, anything non-standard?

Can you try turning the OSX firewall off, and rebooting one of the iPads, to see if that has any affect? Let me know and we’ll figure out what’s going on here. Thanks!

Hey Mike
No problem!

You’re right, it’s the firewall. I just had to change it, now it works perfectly! Thank you!

Have a great Sunday.

Kind regards,
Beat

1 Like