Every time I start Roon I get the message: There was an issue loading your database

Worked fine in the past. Now I get this message all the time. What steps do I take to resolve this problem?

Thanks,

Brett

Hi @Brett_Bachman ----- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles. In order to help us better evaluate the situation I’d like to ask you for the following:

1. A brief but accurate description of your current setup as seen here.

2. You mentioned that everything had been working previously. Can you think of any changes that may have been made? OS updates? Firmware/Driver updates? New gear? New applications?

3. Can you confirm if you have made back ups of your DB previous to this issue?

Brett, lastly I’d like to gather some logs from you so our developers can have a closer look into this issue you are experiencing. I will be contacting you momentarily via PM with instructions.

-Eric

Thanks!

SETUP:

what version of Roon you are running (Settings > About; If you’re running Windows, please let us know whether you’re running 32bit or 64 bit): Roon 1.2 Build 165

What operating system you are running (Windows 7; OSX 10.9; etc): OSX 10.12.1

Basic information about the device you’re using (MacBook Pro 2011 w 4gb of RAM; HP Envy laptop w i7; etc).:

MacBook Pro 17" Mid 2010; 8GB/1TB SSD

Describe where your music is stored – this includes hard drive description and interface type (USB, Firewire, etc. If you are using a NAS or any other kind of network storage, be sure to include the information requested in the Network section below): SYNOLOGY Raid 5 array + Tital Subscription

Let us know your collection size (approximate number of tracks): 10,000+

RECENT CHANGES:

I think that I did a firmware upgrade to the Synology.

I have never done a DB backup explicitly. Where are the DB files stored? I probably have an old version in my time machine, or in dropbox.

Hi @Brett_Bachman ----- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to answer my questions. In regard to the location of your DB and performing back ups, this link will provide you with all of that information.

In the meantime while we are waiting for your logs to be reviewed I would suggest making a back up of your current DB using the method provided in the link above and restoring from a previous backup so you are able to use Roon. If you need guidance with this procedure please let me know.

Lastly, I must make mention that we strongly recommend NOT using time machine based back ups (which is mentioned in the link above as well) because if something is missed during the process you will have to sift through each backup made until you land on the right one.

-Eric