Issue in loading database

I’m using roon running on antipodes ds music server since 18 months.
Today, it has stopped to run suddenly and after a few MN of black display, I got an Error message:
“There was an issue loading your database”
I restarted the antipode, the roon app, I still got the same message,
What should I do?
thank in advance for answer

Hi @Marc_Fontaine ----- Thank you for the report and sorry to hear of the troubles.

If you please provide me with the following, I am sure we can figure out what has happened. Please see below.

• A brief but accurate description of your current setup, using this link as a guide.

• Please send us a set of logs from your Roon core.

-Eric

Dear Eric,
sorry for the late answer, but I’m in France … far to you,
as I say, roon stop suddenly and I got now the error message “thes was an issue loading your database”
The roon server run on an Antipodes DS server, under Linux 4.4.14-200.fc22.x86_64/192.168.1.13.
The roon server:
Roon Server Version: 1.3 (build 262) stable
Roon Server Database Size: 2.5G
Roon Server Cache Size: 72M

The size of the music base is close to 2To,

I have a look to the logs files. I’m not able to understand them, but before the crash, yesterday afternoon, the size of each log file is roughly 8Mo, then the crash the size of each log file is only a few Ko,
I Have also the possibility to run a roon server diagnostic on the antipode:
Roon Server Diagnostic information
Date and time on server: Thu Sep 14 15:48:27 CEST 2017

Test Roon Labs Server connection

Output of https://accounts5.roonlabs.com/geoip/1/lookup

{“country”:“FR”,“state”:"",“city”:"",“postalcode”:"",“latitude”:48.8582,“longitude”:2.3387,“ipaddress”:“90.63.131.66”,“status”:“Success”}

Roon Server Log
cat /var/roon/RoonServer/Logs/RoonServer_log.txt
I can send you the complete information, may be by mail,
I have also a bak-up of the database, but one-month old. I could try tu restaure it, but I will lose the last month of work.
What do you think?

Hi @Marc_Fontaine ---- Thank you for touching base with me, very appreciated!

Before we try to restore from a backup, I’d like to have our techs review your logs first so we can try and determine the cause of this issue (i.e “there was an issue loading your database”).

Would you kindly, compress this entire folder “Logs” (cat/var/roon/RoonServer/ Logs /RoonServer_log.txt) and upload the zipped file here, using the word alpha for both the username and password.

Please be sure to include your “Roon username” in the package title and to let us know when the transfer has completed.

-Eric

it’s done with the title marc@cristatechnologies.zip

Great! Thanks @Marc_Fontaine, confirming that the upload has been received. Once our techs complete their evaluation of the traces found in your logs, I will be sure to reach out to you ASAP with an update.

Your patience is very appreciated!
-Eric

Hi @Marc_Fontaine ----- Thank you for your patience while our techs have been reviewing the information found in the provided logs.

Moving forward, based on the team’s feedback, they have noticed some low level corruption in your database. While this is a very uncommon occurrence, we have seen it on a few rare occasion in the past. The best approach moving forward would be to restore from a backup and see if things function properly with the current DB out of the way.

Looking forward to your feedback!
-Eric

Dear Eric,

I was outside for a few days and I’m back with my database issue …

I have restored a previous back-up, but now the problem is the number of items seems to be twice what it should be. It seems each items is duplicated.
The question is how to clean the data base ?
Thank in advance for your answer,

Marc

Hi @Marc_Fontaine ----- Good to hear from you, thank you for touching base!

Can you verify for me, where you saved your database back up, to?

-Eric

here is:

\192.168.1.13\storage\music\RoonBackups\c94c6935-ea30-475c-e23e-2d0fd8ca36a4

Hey Marc,

Could you drop us a screenshot of exactly what you’re seeing? It would be helpful to see the duplicates, and also the Storage tab in Settings.

Also, if you’re seeing two of the same album, could you confirm that both versions have the same path if you click on a file and go to View File Info?

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble!

1 Like

Dear Eric,

One issue is my base is not so small, roughly 50000 files, and it take a a lot of time to scan and integrate it in roon. As you kown, I’m using roon with an antipodes DS audio server. I have made several modifications in set-up, and finally I’m back to a quasi normal use. So the problem seems fixed.
Thank for your help

Marc

Thank you for the follow up @Marc_Fontaine, the feedback is very appreciated!

Happy listening!
-Eric