My High Res R.E.M. albums have disappeared, replaced by Tidal versions [Solved]

I have “Show Hidden Albums” turned “ON”. Not having this issue with other artists; there I’m seeing multiple versions.

I have tried searching for particular tracks and albums, but the search results just show the Tidal versions.

I think I have six high res albums, and I can’t see any of them. All of the sudden.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Hi Chris,

What happens when you press the other versions button?

As a test you could try temporarily removing the Tidal versions, to see if the local versions reappear.

Other versions only shows Tidal version. Deleting the Tidal version results in no album.

And you 100% sure this albums are in an active Roon Watch folder and they used to be displayed in Roon?

Have you forced a folder rescan in Roon? If not try that first.
Have you re-boot Roon? If not try that second.

If still no good then, as a test, try this:

• In Roon, disable the current watched folder.
  • On the filesystem, move the ‘missing’ audio folder into a new folder (that’s outside of the current watched folder).
  • In Roon, add a new watched folder look at that new folder.

Does Roon now see those albums?

BTW what format are this audio files?

1 Like

YES

YES

YES

[quote=“Carl, post:4, topic:15817, full:true”]If still no good then, as a test, try this:

• In Roon, disable the current watched folder.
  • On the filesystem, move the ‘missing’ audio folder into a new folder (that’s outside of the current watched folder).
  • In Roon, add a new watched folder look at that new folder.

Does Roon now see those albums?[/quote]
NO

FLAC

Frustrating.

Hi @Chris_Sauer ----- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles. Can you please provide me with a description of your current setup, as seen here.

Furthermore, are you able to provide me sample from one the R.E.M albums that have disappeared to test with in house? Would you be able to provide a dropbox link?

-Eric

Of course. Want to make clear that these files used to work, no issues, with no change to setup, other than updating Roon builds. I am not sure exactly when they disappeared.

what version of Roon you are running
Core is on Ubuntu, Version 1.2 build 161, 64 bit
Music is store locally on core and on smb mount on QNAP NAS. The missing files are on the network mount.
Have approximately 45,000 tracks.

Running a Arris router from Time Warner cable. Everything is connected via ethernet cable.

Please let me know if I missed anything you need.

Hi @Chris_Sauer ----- Thank you for the feedback, all the information you’ve provided is exactly what I was looking for :sunglasses: Can you PM me a dropbox link so I can add the content to my testing queue? Let me know.

-Eric

One other thing I’ve noticed or forgot to mention - I have redbook versions of many of these albums as well. Those are not appearing in Roon either.

Hi @Chris_Sauer ----- I wanted to touch base with you as I have had a chance to test the media you provided to us (thank you again). I can confirm that I was able to successfully import the content from local and network storage.

Moving forward, could you please provide the exact paths of the R.E.M album(s) in question.

Thanks!
-Eric

My local path to the folder containing the tracks for this album is: smb://192.168.0.12/Recordings/FLAC/Murmur (192kHz 24 bit) - R.E.M.

Hi @Chris_Sauer ----- Thank you for the the follow up and my apologies for the slow response here. I would like to propose the following to see if we can narrow down what may be going with this content in Roon.

May I kindly ask you to please perform the following:

1. Make sure that you can see any duplicate albums / tracks in Roon.

2. Go to “overview” then click “tracks”.

3. Once in tracks right click and select the first one on the list, then in the top left hand corner hit “select all”.

4. Once all of your tracks have been selected hit the “3 dots” at the top of the screen and choose “export”.

5. Once the export pop-up appears you will then select “export to excel”.

6. Once the excel sheet has been created, open the document and search the content that is not being displayed in Roon and verify their path(s)/location(s).

-Eric

I don’t see the content that is not being displayed in the XML file.

If the files where known to Roon then following Eric’s workflow they would have been listed in the spreadsheet.

So that brings us back to why is Roon not importing them?

Can you give us some specific examples of the folder path and file name of these files.

As an example:
smb://192.168.0.12/Recordings//FLAC/Murmur (192kHz 24 bit) - R.E.M./1-Radio Free Europe.flac

Okay, I think I’ve got it solved. Somehow the folder names on the NAS were getting recorded not as “R.E.M.” but as “R.E.M [plus a raised dot after the a space after the ‘M’]”.

I changed the “R.E.M.” to “REM” in the names of the folders and Roon can see them again.

Assume this is something about moving my folders from OS X to a Linux filesystem.

Thanks for all the assistance.

2 Likes

Thanks for update, well done for getting it resolved.