Need direct email for Roon Support, need to cancel and want refund

I purchased a year subscription and less than 1 month in; I know ROON has many positive features and the vast majority of people love it however, it’s user interface style and how it deprecates My Library every time I bring it up and instead shows me albums and artists available online regardless of what options I choose and what view I have last been before I shut down the software is simply not for me.

I’m less than one month in and wish to cancel but want the money back for the remaining 11 months of the subscription.

Please either help me directly here or post a direct email address where I can contact you.

Thank you.

I’ve marked this topic as unlisted as enquiries about account information tend to be private in nature.

I’ve also left a tag for @support and @kevin to follow up with you.

Should you require it in the future… The RoonLabs website has a contact Roon page.

Hey @Mark_Wencek – we can absolutely process the refund for you, but just to be clear, this seems wrong:

If you want to give me a few more details (as described here) we can try to figure out what’s going on, and then you can stick around or we can process the refund anyway. But I’d be happy to see if we can figure this out, and I’m pretty confident we can get this working for you, no obligation.

If you’d prefer to just go for the refund, just send an email to contact@roonlabs.com and someone will follow up real soon and get everything processed for you. Although we’ll be sorry to see you go :cry:

In any event, thanks for letting us know about the trouble @Mark_Wencek!

Yes I tried that link; I’ve not received any response as yet.

Import my library from iTunes, 5474 tracks in all. Optimize the library and it finds all 5474 tracks.

Every time I bring up Roon, regardless of options I’ve chosen, I don’t see my library; I am instead subjected to whatever Roon and Tidal have available online.

I have my library configured as a “Music Folder” and all checks out.

I don’t want to have to see what’s available online; I want to see my library. When I select Artists or Albums, etc…I want to see what’s in my library first.

I can search artists from my library and then bring up one album at a time but that is not want I want. In short, i expect the view that I have with Amarra or Audirvana Plus or iTunes to take priority.

Any ideas?

Hi @Mark_Wencek ---- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to provide the requested feedback. Both are appreciated!

Moving forward, when Roon is launched for the first time users are presented with the following selections during the sign in process (knowledge Base: “First Launch”):

Based on your report this feels like you may have added some TIDAL collections to your library and that is why you are seeing all of this other content “first”. If this is indeed correct, you can simply remove the TIDAL content by following this procedure:

1. Go to the Tracks browser, click Focus > Format > TIDAL
  • Now you should be looking at all the TIDAL content that was added – you haven’t added anything else right?

Select all, then Edit > Delete.

Let me know how it goes and if further assistance is required, I will be glad to lend a hand.

-Eric

I have only linked to TIDAL but have added no TIDAL collections.

Please refund 11 out of 12 months of my 1st year membership and cancel my subscription.

Send me an email confirmation here and also to mlwencek@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Further, I followed your steps and there was nothing select in Focus=>Format in general or TIDAL. All that online stuff shows up first and I still cannot see my library.

Please refund 11 out of 12 months of my 1st year membership and cancel my subscription.

Send me an email confirmation here and also to mlwencek@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Hi @Mark_Wencek – I can flag @kevin here, but if you sent an email like I mentioned above I’m sure you’ll be hearing from him soon.

This seems like a pretty straightforward issue, and again, feel free to post a screenshot (instructions at the end of this page) and we can take a look, if you’re interested.

Otherwise, stand by and @kevin will be following up to process the refund. I think he may be out of the office today, but you can expect an email confirmation as soon as the refund has been processed.

Thanks @Mark_Wencek!

I did send 2 emails using the web form and have not heard back.

Please process the refund and cancel my membership. I know several people who love Roon and how it conveys info, shows what’s available online, etc…plus consolidating libraries on one or more hosts in their audio domain however I’ve tried it in earnest and together with this problem, have concluded this style music streaming+library management is simply not for me. I am an old-fashioned audiophile with a 10,000+ disc library and I have found interfaces that are more tuned into library-only functionality to be more my style and a better fit to my usage pattern.

Please refund 11 of the 12 months as I’m still not out of month 1 yet.

Thank you.

Mark Wencek

Hi @Mark_Wencek – did you see my message above? Like I said, Kevin will get this processed for you soon, and you have nothing to worry about.

Sorry to see you go!

Hi @Mark_Wencek, sorry for the delay here. I just cancelled your membership and issued a refund which you should have gotten a receipt for.

Yes, I did, thank you.

Thank you for taking care of this; I just received the confirmation. THANK YOU!!!