Revert software to 269

How do I go about reverting to version 269?

As a general rule, we do not support downgrading – it can break things, and it’s a bad idea.

What’s going on? How can we help?

Shuffle selections are now very limited until roon goes to radio mode BIG DEAL for me
dCS Upsampler locks on resolution changes in shuffle BIGGER DEAL…like unusable now. Previous version was almost perfect…

No work was done in this area so I’m reasonably confident nothing has changed here. Of course bugs are possible, so I’d like to look into this for you.

Can you give us some more details about exactly what you’re doing, what was happening before, and what’s changed?

I’ll need to investigate this, too – I don’t think there were any intended changes here either, but bug fixes can have unintended consequences.

Any more details you can provide would be great, specifically the same questions as above: what you’re doing, what was happening before, and what appears to have changed?

Its like I said…in shuffle when resolutions change between tracks say 44.1 to dsd now the track shows playing but there is no sound. 269 was pretty much perfect in this regard…

Hi @G997 ---- Thank you again for the continued feedback here. The insight is appreciated!

Moving forward, to help in our evaluation of this behavior you’re reporting may I very kindly ask you to expand on the description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Furthermore, while this may seem elementary :innocent:, since noticing the issue has all of your equipment been rebooted?

-Eric

Yes I rebooted

Please get me back on 269 this is painful

Thank you for clarifying that for me, @G997!

Moving forward, I am currently waiting on some feedback from our devs in regard to this behavior you are experiencing and I expect to have an update hopefully soon.

In the mean time if you could please provide the details of your setup it would be greatly appreciated, as I am certain that the dev team is going to want to have this information.

-Eric

My setup info isn’t for the public

(I do believe I have provided it in the past)

Tracks don’t change as quickly as they did, even between same resolutions

In shuffle, I get between 6 and 8 thumbs down and then it goes into radio mode…269 gave me alot more to chose from…Should be unlimited

Sitting here dealing with lock ups…really sucks

Again, in shuffle if a playing track is 44.1 and the next is DSD64 roon takes forever to start the DSD track, it plays of a brief moment then the audio goes out

Roon indicates the DSD track is playing but no audio…just locked up as I was typing this…

269 didn’t do any of this

If I get a DSD track playing and the next track in shuffle is DSD it plays

Hey @G997 – we just concluded a quick meeting to discuss these two issues. It would’ve been helpful for us to have had additional details, but I can give you an update on where we’re at, and we can go from there.

We’re not aware of any changes made to our Radio or Shuffle feature in this release. What I need to look into this is a clear description of

• The exact steps you’re taking
  • The content involved
  • What you’re expecting, based on past experience
  • What’s actually happening

It’s not impossible that there is a bug here, but it’s probably impossible for us to investigate without more information than this:

As for the locking up issue, we’re not aware of any changes here either, particularly any that might affect the dCS upsampler. I enabled diagnostics on your account and I looked over the report. What I can see is that you’re running a newer version of the dCS firmware than we are, which unfortunately makes it harder for us to test this report.

I should mention that one of our alpha testers is a dCS dealer, and he reported similar lockup issues related to this firmware a few weeks back. He has a very close relationship with dCS, and the last we heard about this issue he was going to follow up with them so we could get some technical feedback for our developers, from their developers.

We have not received that feedback yet, so after this message I’m going to follow up with him to see what he heard from dCS. We will let you know how things are proceeding, and we will follow up soon. If you’re inclined, feel free to check in with dCS as well.

For the moment, I don’t have any reason to believe this issue is related to the recent update, so I don’t think downgrading is a good idea. We’ll be in touch with dCS and you, and we’ll make sure we get this resolved for you soon.

As far as shuffle goes, say I’m in my Jazz albums and am playing all. I go to queue and want to fill it with radio selections. It seems like its random how many thumbs down u can press in succession before roon goes into radio mode. I can say 274 gives me far fewer than 269. I really don’t understand why its limited as to how many downs in succession can be selected?

Thank you for the insight @G997! I am going to be updating my report and passing this information along to our QA techs for evaluation/testing.

Again, thank you for your continued patience.
-Eric

Mike, if I didn’t change anything other than the update and it wasn’t locking up until then, what else would be the cause…

As I’m listening to silence once again…

Hey @G997 – I don’t have a lot to report yet, but I did want to let you know that we all discussed both of these issues today, and now both are with our QA department.

They are trying to reproduce both issues you’re reporting, and I’ll be in touch as soon as I have their conclusions. Appreciate your patience here.

1 Like

Build 276 is rolling out now @G997 – should roll back the change that caused the dCS issue.

Let us know how it goes, should be live for all platforms in the next ~30 mins.

Works…thanks to all to get this done

Now, can u put unlimited presses on the thumbs down button in shuffle instead of the current 5 or 6 presses and then radio starts…