Roon lost Control of The Audio device

Hi @Eric,

within the last days, the problem occured just now and than. I am going to keep track to keep you informed.

Unfortunately, I have no chance to test the HDMI output, as I am not able to connect my OPPO directly to the NUC.

Kind regards,
Kay

Thank you for getting back to me @Kay_Levermann, I will be on the look out for your timestamps.

As mentioned, the team has noted that they believe that this issue is related to something occurring in your environment based on the traces we are seeing in your logs. Thus far we have tried to isolate this issue by…

1. Taking the 203 off the powerlan connection:

"Moving forward, during your troubleshooting have you tried taking the UDP-203 off the Powerlan? The reason I ask is because we have seen some similar issues (example #1 exmaple #2) with these devices in the past. "

“Hi Eric - it seems that without powerlan the Oppo finds the wireless lan with 100% strengh, but looses the connection randomly. With powerlan it sticks to the connection after a sometimes second connection.”

2. Tried testing with the Oppo mounted directly to your router:

“Testing with the unit hardwired to the router as mentioned previously.”

“Hi Eric - I have tested the Oppo hardwired directly on the router. Within an hour or so, there was no connection loss. The same happend after I put the Oppo back on the powerlan. I had no loss of connection. Today I started the Oppo again using the powerlan, and after some seconds, roon lost the connection again, after pushing play a second time, up till now, everything is fine.”

3. Temporarily taking your NAS out of the equation:

“Moving forward, before I enable diagnostics on your account can you verify for me if you have tried removing (temporarily of course) the NAS from the equation to see if the result is the same with the Oppo203? To be more specific, I am curious if you have tested with some content stored on a drive mounted to the NUC via USB? Say a thumb drive, for example.”

Hi Eric - I have tried an usb-storage on the NUC. With this, we had not the typical
    first loss of connection after a few seconds. The curious thing about the loss is, that afte the reconnect, everything runs rock solid for hours."

The only test that has not been performed yet is when the 203 is directly mounted to the NUC. I would encourage you to consider running this test as it would be a good data point for our team to have. The other option here would be to test with another device mounted directly to the the NUC to see how it performs.

-Eric

Hi @Eric,

I just tried to connect the NUC directly via HDMI to the OPPO (HDMI connector from the NUC to the HDMI-in of the OPPO. Unfortunatly I am not able to get it to work. I do not find the OPPO in Roon. I have tried each of the given HDMI-output possibilities in Roon, no sound. What do I have to set up where to get it working.

Kind regards,
Kay

Thank you for touching base with me @Kay_Levermann, very appreciated!

Did the knowleg base article I posted above offer any help? Have you tried all the HDMI ports on the NUC?

-Eric

Hi @eric,

I have tried to connect the Oppo once again via HDMI. I still don‘t get it to make some noise, but I had another „Loss of connection“. I can see via my TV that Rock is running, and the Oppo is getting some data. Anyway, the Loss of connection occurs also via HDMI.

Here are some Screenshots of the settings in roon. Maybe they are helpful for you.

Kind regards,
Kay

P.s.: We had loss of connection on 02. of March, 18:36; 03. of March, 10:57; 04. of March, 11:21 and 16:48; 06. of March, 18:14.