1.2 losing wi-fi airplay endpoints [Solved?]

Looked a little deeper…I can’t reproduce the issue here with 1.2 builds, but I see how things could have gone wrong with that aforementioned change. The needed corrections (I think) will be in the next build. If that doesn’t improve things, we’ll take another run at it.

Roon 1.2
Win.10 64bit
Dell Alienware x51 16gb of Ram
Zyxel NAS
Ethernet connection to muso

Hey @Hamilton1v – let’s see how you do with the next release and we can take another look at this if you’re still having issues with the latest code.

Thanks for your patience!

Well, my ‘fix’ has proved to be temporary. All was working fine during the day but coming back to Roon this evening I’m now back to not seeing any zones except for my Mac Mini, no Ethernet connected Meridian endpoint and no wifi connected AirPlay zones.

This happened to me also. Yesterday I posted that I was seeing no AirPlay zones. I rebooted the server (NUC i7) and they appeared. After the server had been on for several hours the same thing appeared - no AirPlay zones. Never had this problem in 1,1.

A post was split to a new topic: Airplay Device IP Conflict

No sorry, wifi is just via a single router that’s Ethernet wired to my 8 port gigabit switch that feeds. most of my network.
The only ‘dual’ part us that the router (BT Home Hub 5) runs both 2.4ghz&5ghz channels?

Thanks for the reports @GeoffD and @Harry_Jones – we have what we hope is a fix for this in testing now, and it should be released later this week once testing is complete.

Let us know how it goes once you’re on the newer version (Build >123) and if you’re still having a problem, we’ll definitely take another look. Thanks for your patience guys!

I will be happy to help test if you wish. I have a number of AirPlay devices in the house. I am a semi-retired Electrical Engineer and work from home, so I can monitor what happens as I send various streams to them.

Is it possible to revert from 1.2 back to 1.1 until 1.2.3 is released? I sure miss being able to use my AirPlay devices with Roon. I think I recall a database change with 1.2. If I uninstall 1.2 then install 1.1 will it rebuild the database? Or, is 1.2.3 going to be released soon?

The update will be available in a day or two.

Cheers, Greg

It will still be 1.2 but with a larger build number. Current production build # is 123.

@mike @brian, the problem seems consistent here, in the way that a full power cycle of my computer restores my Nad amp as an available Airplay endpoint for a few hours. It then disappears, and reappears after a new power cycle. And so forth. This at a Windows 10 Home 64 RoonServer setup.

Well, my wifi AirPlay connections have been stable for the last couple of days since I switched them to manually assigned ip addresses. No idea if that’s related ? Unfortunately my Ethernet connected MC200 dissapeared at the same time as the AirPlay devices re-appeared and multiple reboots of router and end point have not brought it back.

To everyone having AirPlay discovery issues: Build 128 is out, and contains some fixes.

Please try it out and let us know how it goes.

Thanks, Brian for the quick turnaround on this. I have several AirPlay devices and will be testing over the next few days. Will let you know of any problems.