1.3..Audio Analysis taking a very long time. Normal?

Holy crap, I think you’ve set a new speed record.

I have an old Core2Duo box as a core as well. Analysis took a looooong time, but once done it’s been doing an admirable job of serving up Roon. Even handles some of the DSP functions (upsampling).

Yeah, I’ve had roon for 6 months now and it’s been running well on my old MacBook Pro. Music is all stored on a NAS. I have DSP on now, no hiccups and it’s processing all those files.

I think the guys at Roonlabs deeply impressed us again - conceptually AND implementation-wise!
I have Roon running on a 4 years old Synology DS1813+ with a dual core Intel Atom D2700 at 2.13Mhz (this is certainly not the reference setup for a Roon cosmos). Deep scanning of my 5000+ albums took about 300 hours last month and if I am lucky it will take only half the time now running on two cores.
But there is another major difference compared to the last Roon version: while under heavy processor load there are no more audio stream interruptions or, even worse, stream distortions leading to hazardous static noise on the speakers! Everything seems to be working rock-solid now.
Plus, over a Squeezebox Duet with HD kernel patch audio quality has become audibly better. Maybe the Duet can handle native flac-streams better than the pcm/wav stream of the last Roon version.

update…12 hours in and Roon is on track 33K of 37K!

Still all normal behavior. It depends on how ‘fat’ your machine (cpu) is :slight_smile:

Now it looks like the rescanning is stuck. The progress hasnt changed in 5 mins. Roon is working fine otherwise. My CPU load is at zero so it seems there is no processing going on. Any ideas @support?

Have you tried restarting Roon (or the RoonServer, not sure on what platform you are)?
Did the trick for me in the past when it was hanging on this.

Please set aside a copy of the log file that covers this time period. Analysis fills up the logs fast and it would be a shame for this one to get overwritten before Roon has a chance to look at it.

Each time I open Roon the re-analysing goes back to zero. Is this normal?

Background Audio Analysis still going back to zero after each restart. Doesn’t Roon remember the settings after the analysing is complete?

I’ve turned this feature off until the issue is resolved.

If the re-analysis is not finished it will pick up where it left off starting as 0 of X where X is the remaining un analyzed albums. For example, library of 1500, begins 0 of 1500; then if 250 gets analyzed and things are shut down, the next time it will be 0 of 1250. That is normal.

So do you mean, every time you start Roon it begins analysis again and restarts as 0 of 1500 (using the above example)?

I thought the analysing had finished (so 1500 of 1500 in your example) then reset itself after re-opening Roon. Is this also normal from a shutdown/restart? and waking from sleep?

I will try one more time and post back here to confirm.

It’s behaving itself now :slight_smile:

Hey Paul, did you do anything or did it just correct itself?

There was a update (build 209) to Roon not sure if that fixed the problem or Roon resetting back to zero each time that mislead me to think it was staring from scratch.

24 hours to analyze 350 files 14 000 left. This should take about a month :frowning:

Have you tried assigning more computing power (cores) to the job?

Roon Settings > Library > Background Analysis Speed

Im have the core running in server mode on a Asrock Beebox with 4gb ram. It may be a bit weak for the task. Only 2 cores. :frowning:

Tried to set it on fast in both 1 & 2 cores. Looks like it is stuck on 358 files.