1.6 slowdown issues

I am using the roon nucleus with my chord dave and recently upgraded to the new 1.6 upgrade. At first i was impressed with how quick and snappy was in comparison to 1.5 and those prior…I was very pleased but over time i have noticed that things slowed down and when I would press on an artist or to open an album the process slowed down dramatically…it still worked properly but everything seemed to have a lag…I decided to reinstall 1.6 and was pleased to see that once again things were back to being snappy. Sadly once again in a few days things slowed down and i once again reinstalled 1.6 with the same positive short term results. It is a bit aggravating to be forced to do this every few days and i am wondering if there might be a more permanent solution to this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Not that this is a fix but did you try a reboot rather than a reinstall?

a reboot of the 1.6 or of the roon nucleus?

The nucleus

i just tried the nucleus, we will see if that has a more permanent solution

I noticed the same behavior on my Mac Mini running RoonServer (2018, quad core i3, 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD).

I looked at Activity Monitor and RoonAppliance was running at about 110%, constantly, with NO client apps running on my network and NO music playing (or even queued).

I started the Roon app on my MacBook (different machine) and clicked around my library and it was slow - maybe 30 seconds to load an artist page w/ albums. Everything was slow to populate.

I closed and restarted the RoonAppliance process on the Mac Mini. CPU utilization is hovering around 30% as I click around the app and everything loads (nearly) instantly.

I will keep an eye on this…

i also noticed that closing and opening the roon program on my macbook pro fixes the problem temporally …the whole experience is a heck of a lot more enjoyable when you click on an artist or album and it opens up instantly vs waiting 30 seconds for it to do so…i hope somebody can put forth a fix or solution or explanation

1 Like

Hi @jon_brachfeld,

So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

When the MacBook remote is moving slow can you share a screenshot of memory and CPU usage?

When the MacBook is moving slowly do other remotes exhibit the same behavior?

I will add that after restarting RoonAppliance and closing all remote apps, CPU utilization drops down to near zero.

When this happens again, will provide screen shots from Activity Monitor.

I have a theory that it’s adding lots of albums from TIDAL and/or Qobuz that creates the problem.

I am using my macbook pro wirelessly with my synology router which is a very fast connection to remotely access and control roon…my roon nucleus is connected wired to the same router…the problems i describe do not coincide with a general slowdown of the computer or web usage it seems to be solely confined to roon…again, it does seem that the problem is temporarily fixed when either i shut down and reopen roon or i reinstall the roon operating system…let me add i have my hard drive filled with 2 TB of music attached to the roon nucleus and i have been using tidal and just added a free trial of qobuz

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.