1.8 Audio devices in Settings but not in Zone picker [Ticket In]

Also check in the settings about to see if the ropieee/roon bridge is listed.

@noris thus is not the first I’m seeing of devices disappearing and a core reboot resumes visibility

I have similar issue since 1.8. Never experienced this before.
In my case, I have Audio-gd Di-20HE connected to Rock (NUC8) via USB, however when I turn on NUC and Di-20HE, sometimes it doesn’t appear in the playback device list. then I go to settings → audio, and I can see the device in the list “Connected to Core”, but not available to pick in “Select an audio zone”.
This is odd, if it is in the list of connected to the core, should be available to select as an audio zone.

If I restart Rock server software via web UI, then I can see Di-20HE in list of “select an audio zone”.

I have the same issue with windows10, each time ı should restart the room server in order to reach at the usb end point.

1 Like

I flashed my problematic HifiBerry back from Ropieee to HifiBerry OS, so I think I will be spared from this issue from now on.

I have the same issue with a Pi4 running Ropieee, windows server needs restarting before I can set the audio zone, I can see it in the settings audio.

1 Like

Can I ask how it was fixed. I have the same set up as you and am having the issue?

Thank you. Just wanted to provide a screenshot showing the issue! Can you please contact me with a fix once it is available. Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 10.53.13 AM|595x500

I’m seeing the same issue here. Rebooting the core fixes the glitch, but only temporarily.

Linux core, macOS app, USB DAC connected to the Mac.

1 Like

Yes when I am having the issue device appears in settings but not visible as a zone.

Same issue…RPi4 running RoPieee or VitOS with NUC/ROCK.

Same problem! It started with the beginning of the beta test and the transition to 1.8, in the section Beta wrote about this more than once.

On Nucleus, when you on / off audio devices, the Core loses the ability to select them as a playback zone, they disappear from the list of available zones. The Core sees devices, they appear and disappear in the audio settings when enabled / disabled, but not in the lists of available audio zones. Only restart of the Roon server helps.
:cry:
This is repeated every time, this has never happened IN THE ALL THE TIME OF VERSION 1.7 WORKING!
It happened to me again after a reboot. Reboot seems to fix it, but only temporarily.

New LOGS:

Help, I’m tired of rebooting every time you turn on / off the DAC!

1 Like

I also have this problem !
Restarting the core got back the bridge.
Roon Core on Debian.

that same fookin problem :frowning:

FWIW this happened to me a couple of nights ago with a Matrix pro 3.
Available in settings but not as a zone.
Reboot of my ROCK brought it back. Stable since.

Same here, Gato DIA-250 Integrated w/ DAC connected to Roon Core (1.8 - 756) via USB (Mac Pro '13, Big Sur 11.2.1). Zone disappears overnight, restart of Roon app resolves it.

Thanks,

@noris and @dylan, here is some additional information that may be helpful.

After updating everything to build 756, all zones were available for about 60 hours. Even after turning some of the endpoints off and on. However, this morning, when I turned on my main listening system, the Ropieee zone is gone. The issue is definitely related to zones that aren’t always present like DACs that you turn off or mobile devices if you stop playing or leave the app. All my AppleTVs and the old iPhones that I uses only as bridges are still there. Once the error occurs, other non sticky endpoint also disappear.

The Ropieee, all my macOS zones and our mobiles phones used with headphones are gone.

Looking at the logs, the error occurred at 02/13 16:44:45 today. I made a copy of the Logs folder soon thereafter, so I have logs going back from now until 2/8. If that is helpful.

What time zone is the system using for the logs?

Restarting core (Roon Server Software only) restored all audio zones.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK Version 1.0 (build 227) stable
Roon Core version 1.8 build 756
Gen8 i5, 8GB RAM, 500 SSD

everything else is the same as initial post

3 Likes

I have the same problem after upgrading to 1.8

Same problem on a Synology core and NUC endpoint running ROCK USB into Oppo UDP-205 USB DAC.

Restarting core fixes the issue but it comes back.

I mentioned it was ok, but only sustained for 5 hours, the issue came back again.
Thanks for your efforts, hope it be fixed as soon as possible.

Might be a version of this but my endpoint was disappearing every time my USB dac connected to a Pi was powered off, and I’ve found a workaround that fixes this. By enabling an endpoint that’s on the pi itself, that doesn’t go off, the USB endpoint comes back fine when the Dac is turned back on.

Described here. USB Dac endpoint becomes unavailable since 1.8 - #7 by dylan