1.8 Serious 'Now Playing' error - frozen on previous track(s),

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Rock on Intel i7 NUC - latest build - 16GB RAM, quad-core machine, fast

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

300MB/s WiFi & ethernet in all areas of house

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Most zones are amp/DAC connected to RPi via USB, RPis are all networked with Ethernet connection to avoid dropouts.

Description Of Issue

1.7/previous builds - no issues whatsoever.

We have 6 zones pulling from Roon ROCK on a dedicated NUC, and media from a Synology NAS + Tidal.

On several occasions, the Now Playing at the bottom of the 1.8 layout shows it’s either playing something else - way earlier in the queue history - or not playing at all, and the track controls (play/pause, next/etc) don’t work.

This is really annoying, and I have restarted the Roon Core, re-downloaded the remote apps on my MacBook Pro/iPad/iPhone, and just had the issue replicate on the latest Windows build on my partner’s work laptop.

Potentially related - zone groupings also don’t appear to work in the same way as previous builds, and feels broken - you have to group zones in order to be able to control them, i.e. if I want to play music in the sitting room, the sitting room might not show up independently and I would have to group it with the kitchen, for instance, to then be able to play music in the sitting room - despite the sitting room DAC being connected via USB to the Core.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: The play/pause is greyed out (unusable) and it shows the last track

A post was split to a new topic: I an unable to stop\pause playback the option is greyed out

Hi @John_Merritt

Can you share a screenshot of this the next time it happens, and let us know what track is playing during that time as well as what time it is in your local timezone? We’ll enable diagnostics and take a look at that instance.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.