1.8 - what is the thing you most hope for?

BTW, Chris was at that same presentation in LA. Sat across from him at lunch.

It was at a place called the Audio Salon. About 20-25 attendees.

Roon on the go , is the nickname for internet access to your home server.

Ie server running at home on local network, but to allow remote login via an internet connection so you can play your Roon core to a mobile device anywhere you can connect to the internet.

As indicated itā€™s been ā€œcoming soonā€ for quite a while. Maybe 1.8 is itā€™s time.

Got it, thanks.

The ability to display embedded track artwork

Apologies if Iā€™m misunderstanding your comment, Steve, but my files have embedded artwork and Roon displays it fine (although at times seems to prefer its own artwork).

Michael

Think Steve is referring to the ability to have differing artwork for individual tracks within, say, a compilation album. I might be wrong though.

Ah ok, thanks. Iā€™d like that too, along with per track genres, but I donā€™t think thatā€™s on its way!

Michael

The ability to make my dinner and serve it to me with the appropriate beverage, cooled of course.

7 Likes

This on the roadmap for the black series edition. which is scheduled for April 2025.

All wishful thinking.

Roonlabs does not have a roadmap, are not open about the functionality they will support in future versions, or when they release.
There are ā€œfeature request topicsā€, and they could be categorized better to see what is already been requested and maybe a score for the urgency.
Either way, not having a clue about Roonlabs priorities makes every assumption about what will be in the next release a guessing game.

But that have ā€œsaidā€, i am happy with the functionality, sound quality and stability Roon provides (for me), but there is a lot that can be better!

Maybe the best thing to hope for is a more predictable release scheme and a way to see what will be on the roadmap for new releases.

ā€¦ and world peace and equality for all.

2 Likes

Incidentally, this was specifically addressed by the Roon guys in the recent AudiophileStyle interview. Theyā€™re surprisingly tech-savvy, those guys, and theyā€™re even aware that their forum software can sort by most reads / replies, which is how they suggested they look at things in thereā€¦ those wippersnappers and their technologies, I tell youā€¦

and maybe missing a sense of feel for their customer base requirements.

2 Likes

And maybe we who comment here are not their most representative customer base. I donā€™t know, you probably donā€™t either. Which isnā€™t to say that some of the Platinum-only features like Roon-on-Mobile arenā€™t a few years overdue.

Iā€™m just hoping for a swift, bug-free release.

Yes, I would like Roon to display different artwork for tracks in the same album if they are embedded in the file. For me Roon is far too album based. I hardly ever play ā€˜albumsā€™ , and I donā€™t really think in terms of albums anymore.

Iā€™d love smart playlists as well, but until Roon has more track based data (especially track rating) they would be fairly useless.

1 Like

I agree, very annoying.

So, realistically, 2030 at the earliest then :wink:

2 Likes

with filters for shaken/stirred/dirty

Would like to see AU plug inā€™s, also support for multi channel DACā€™s. I have a 5.1 system, would be great to play multi channel music.

Boy, Iā€™d really love this feature too! I currently use JRemote, but Roon would be preferred!