1.8 - what is the thing you most hope for?

• Logitech Harmony Control
  • AppleWatch Controll
  • Alternative Music Services
  • Multi Language Pack
  • Vertical View at IPad
  • Design Refresh
  • further DSP Settings designed for noobs
  • or something realy new - because new is alwasy better :slight_smile:
1 Like

There’s an extension for that -

1 Like
  • Album random, ie play a random album at a time
  • Roon Radio that works.

I’d like the controller to work in portrait mode on my Android tablet.

I’d like the controller to not keep losing contact with my network causing a few second wait to reconnect just to, for example, pause a track.

1 Like

I’d like to see a more robust backup procedure.

1 Like

Multiple alternatives here. You can backup to dropbox (directly). Or to a folder synchronised to any other cloud storage solution, which will synchronise the backup to whatever service you prefer.

I’d be happy if it stops this persistent annoying issue

Roon doesn’t keep track of what Linn DSM is playing

Possibly because if Roon get his wrong even once on the bedroom endpoint there could be huge marital disharmony.

.sjb

Roonus Interruptus?

I hope that Roon will automagically figure out all my network architecture issues and make the WiFi I’ve bodged together from a vintage (c. 1996) router left over from my old cable TV company work with my core running on a x386 laptop in the kitchen cupboard.

Why can’t I get reliable DSD 512 upscaling???

Lastly Roon Radio never picks the twee single me mates and I recorded to mp3 back in the day. I’m sure it’s on a thumb drive somewhere WTF?!?!

2 Likes

I get zero dropouts. Running ROCK, music on an attached hard drive (USB3), and wired ethernet from the ROCK. Dropouts are usually networking-related.

2 Likes

Spotify and Apple Music integration
Integration with smart assistant so I can say “Hey Siri playxxx”
Better search on iPhone and iPad

I just hope it’s an easy time for support to cope with such a point release as the more they put in the more likely some might struggle to grasp the new versions capabilities.

This is my 5th point update in my roon use…always look forward to it though :sunglasses:

Also wish HQplayer can be installed on the ROCK so I don’t need another machine

Hqplayer can swamp a Nuc easily

Depending on the options

Real “real time file change monitor” on ROCK to NAS!!! Please!

As long as your library is less than 16Tb, the answer to that is to hook an external drive up through a USB port, keep your music on it, and to back it up to the NAS.

It’s the “better” way to do it, because it avoids having the NAS spun up all the time (you don’t need n drives running just to read a music file), and also because you now have a backup of your music files.

Yes, but generally if you have a NAS you would be using it for things other than music also, and so the drives are likely active in relation to these other activities anyway.

I use my NAS for other stuff, and before migrating to ROCK, the one thing that kept the drive* where the music files are spun up was Roon.

This doesn’t change the main point: RAID in isolation isn’t a backup. Keeping a copy of your files on a drive attached to a ROCK device, and syncing that, is usually better practice (yes, caveats, corruption on the ROCK drive that’s then copied over, I know, I know… still), and, in practice, it solves the monitoring issue rather than expecting RoonLabs to magic a solution.

(*it’s an unRaid box, so both a typology that doesn’t spin everything up all the time and a box powerful enough to comfortably run a core on)