1.8 - what is the thing you most hope for?

box set handling
easier metadata editing
discography for artists
DSD ISO support
Better album / artist view
apple tv app
mobile (sometime next 5 years)

5 Likes

Not much,
Stability to iPad app, so that it would not need to be force-quit multiple times a day.
And improvement to DNS/metadata issues that constantly appear in support requests.

3 Likes

Some pretty simple stuff would make me happyā€¦

1 - The ability on the remote/client apps to hide main menu entries that I donā€™t use so that I donā€™t have to keep scrolling down to get to stuff. I use iOS so thatā€™s my main interest but it would make sense on all platforms. To go one step further it would be great if you could totally customise your menu by also being able to re-order menu items.

2 - A quick-jump A-Z bar for the iPhone client when browsing by Album or Artist. For people like me who like to scroll through their albums when deciding what to play then with any decent sized album collection the iPhone client is frankly unusable simply because of the lack of this feature.

3 - I agree with a previous comment, better now-playing screen. Iā€™d like to be able to see the queue. If Roon wanted to go the whole hog the ideal enhancement for me would be some tools to allow users to design their own now-playing screens and for Roon to then host an area where users can share their customisations so that other users can download them.

4 - The ability to insert a pause into the queue so that I can set it to stop after the currently playing song.

That would make 1.8 a very worthwhile update for me.

5 Likes

Iā€™m also a heavy user of multi-part compositions. What improvements did you have in mind?

Couldnā€™t agree with you more, especially given that itā€™s impossible to go back to a previous version once you update. Given how long itā€™s taken and the promise of a ā€œmassiveā€ update, Iā€™m both excited for it and weary of what might happen particularly with more obscure features that I happen to use a lot.

I hope for a roon integrated room measuring system alla Dirac.

10 Likes

Iā€™d be happy if they fixed all the basic stuff thatā€™s wonky. Just this once, a major update without pompous announcements of new features that donā€™t deliver, no empty bragging but just a solid implementation of whatā€™s already there.

That would be a major update worth the name.

10 Likes

First I will check if Iā€™m dreaming, then If Iā€™m awake, then Iā€™ll check if itā€™s 2030 or not. And secondly, why canā€™t they just annonce a date like any other serious software developer? Just tell us when even if itā€™s 5 years from now. This ā€œimminentā€ business is childā€™s play.

Would be nice to see that they updated the android phone app, so that i can see top tracks when i select a artist from tidal.

2 Likes

individual track star ratings and heart ratings that can be read from the file as well and changed in Roon, even if Roon wonā€™t write that change back to the file.

4 Likes
  1. Make ā€œFocus on Similarā€ actually useful
  2. Give the Roon Backup/Restore logic some much needed love.
2 Likes

There are very good reasons for not announcing dates, as people get upset if there is a delay. It will be done when itā€™s done and thoroughly tested.

3 Likes

More and better metadata

More identified recordings

Ability to read/view simple text files similar to the way Roon can view jpgs and pdfs

Better integration with Tidal and QoBuz so that those annoying slow downs when browsing my collection stop!

Less focus on unproven audiophile myths and more focus on proven audio facts. For example playing a Tidal AAC files is not ā€œLow Qualityā€ itā€™s just not lossless so it should be labeled ā€œHigh Qualityā€ as are other lossy playback scenarios, e.g. playback on iPhone.

3 Likes

Deezer integration

2 Likes

1 - Tag manager, quick, all in one screen (maybe some tabs if you need more than I could ever think of), but the kind of manager that does the trick without visiting screen after screen after panel after panel (like the way you have to add credits - a real pain in the ass).

2 - Faster / Better way to add credits (you knew this one was coming after point 1)

3 - A-Z index on mobile, becauseā€¦ well you know: it should have been there from the start. I cannot think of a reason it was left out.

4 - An option to drop any kind of review (txt format) in the album folder. Or add it to album specs (tab?). So many albums miss a review or description. All-Music canā€™t keep up, while there are so many great reviews out there. And if you feel it should not replace the databased feed (of All Music/Tidal/Qobuz) than I would love to have a [notes] tab, so I can add my thoughts (or yours) as a second review.

5 - Better PDF or booklet integration. Build in PDF reader in stead of external reader. On top of the album screenā€¦ not leaving Roon.

9 Likes

Option to display current time.

I have that on my iPad control app

1. LARGE BOX SET MANAGEMENT
  2. LARGE BOX SET MANAGEMENT
  3. LARGE BOX SET MANAGEMENT
  4. Native pdf viewer (e.g. issuu)
  5. Split performer discography by Studio, Live, Bootleg, Compilation, ā€¦

But if I would choose only one, boxset for sure. For the rest, I can live with what I consider the best music player EVER!!!

5 Likes

If I could put a 6. Filter full performance in composition (vs recitals)

1 Like

For ROON? Is it a toggle setting?