1.8 - what is the thing you most hope for?

I would hope to see a cleaner interface, though this is likely a wish for the Roon 2.0 version.

5 Likes

add after current album option

1 Like

Bit perfect solution for Android!

3 Likes

I suspect that’s deliberate to stop people copying content. I have come across a couple of news sites that are graphics only to prevent text copy

Fair I guess

I have read lots of comments about problems with using Roon with iPads. I have done this for the last three years, initially with an iPad Air and now iPad Pro. I have had my problems with Roon in the past (and almost all have now gone with software updates), but I have never had problems with my iPad. Am I just lucky?

1 Like

But the album and artist fields in Share dialogue are editable text fields, easy to copy/paste from!

Uh-huh. Any speculation as to what year this “update” is planned for? In other words, for how much do longer do customers have to manage with 1.7?

Pls add official support for streaming music outside local network. Vpn is not the final solution. For people who own a 24/7 running roon core server, they should be able to listening to their music anywhere if the Internet connection is stable, especially when working in the office.

2 Likes

1 discogs metadata integration
2 roon mobile
3 URL support on album and artists level (self manageable)
4 stable ios remote
5 GUI revamp (more modern and more logical)

3 Likes

My experience as well. One of my rPi endpoints drops out all the time (wifi, poor placement) and on desktop sometimes my album page is blank (no idea why, not bothered), but in 4 years of daily use with my iPad as primary controller, I’ve never had a single issue.

Could be translation of reviews and bios.

Instead of me pressing ‘play’ to restart after roon has been interrrupted, wouldn’t it be nice if the roon software understands that I want the music to continue playing and roon itself could ‘press play’ to restart the music?

After all when I press ‘play’ the music restarts so why can’t the roon software realise the music has stopped without the user having pressed ‘pause’? roon can then keep ‘pressing play’ after unwanted interruptions, until the user decides to either pause or play something different.

1. A state of the art search with multiple filter options (see Apple’s iTunes/Music 10 years old intelligent playlist feature)
  2. Save search as preset
  3. Modern UI
  4. Make left nav bar sticky via hide/show toggle

As mentionned above : Improve search to include data beyond local library, example, a search for the label ECM only returns the albums I have, but it would be nice to see the available ECM catalogs. Same with searches under genre, I know what I have already. What other music can I discover if I want to find out more about say “Shoe Gaze” as a genre
, beyond my copies of My Bloody Valentine.

2 Likes

This is degrading into a feature wish list but not for 1.8 but 1.9 even 1.10 (or 2.0).

Any Feature Requests should go into the appropriate area or the Roon Staff won’t see them. I doubt Roon is paying much attention to this thread as it is a bit tongue in cheek :nerd_face:

1.8 is in Beta that means its frozen in time other than fixing bugs that the Beta Testers find wrong. That’s what Beta Testing means 

The original post was really about what of the long term outstanding requested features will be found in the new version when it materializes.

Yes Grumpy Spoilsport :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

What does this actually mean, can you give a concrete example of an improvement to make the UI more modern.

3 Likes

Never a problem here either

Yes, although that wouldn’t fix the problem for me since when I get an incredibly brief network glitch due to a mesh handoff Roon drops my endpoint entirely (presumably thinks it powered off?) so for me there is nothing to play (no endpoint selected) until I reselect the endpoint.

I suspect it has more to do with nicer looking graphics.

2 Likes

-Auto Add Album Cover to “Artists” with no Cover Art or Ability to easily add/choice your own
(hate looking at Artists section and seeing so many without artwork!
-DSD ISO support
-Cue. support for reading individual tracks from one flac, wv, etc file
-Star Ratings for individual Tracks
-Apple Watch App (w/ play-pause forward & back and volume control)
-Get rid of the Up & Down Arrows when trying to identify albums and allow me to drag & drop tracks to the correct place.

4 Likes