15 seconds delay until next track begins playing for local files

Count me in as one of those experiencing these delays between songs. I use a NUC running Legacy 1.8 ROCK into multiple RPi endpoints (DietPi OS) and Meridian 218.

Hey @Patrick_Thibor,

Please update your core and devices to the newest release and let me know if you still run into issues here :+1:

@support with todays latest build the delay between playing local tracks remains - same as always. And progressively gets worse the longer the core goes between reboots……

1 Like

@support and an update from my side: I tested a mixed playlist - tracks from ten different albums and with different qualities/bitrates - with the new Roon build 1202. I still get 5 -10 seconds of pause between the tracks, no matter if local tracks or Qobuz tracks. Gaps were way shorter after the core reboot following the update, now they are getting longer and longer - as before with the last build. So I must say that in my environment I cannot see any improvement with 1202, at least for this issue and when quality/bitrate of tracks changes.

There are no gaps here in my environment if consecutive tracks have the same quality, e.g. 88kHz/24bit or 44.1kHz/16bit.

1 Like

@support this is exactly my experience as well

1 Like

@UliR are you running ROCK as your core? How are you local files stored?

For me I am on a Rock Nucleus with the local file library on an external USB hard drive directly.

I think I will try a separate SSD and install a Linux based core and use a NAS file share as the location for the file library and see if the issue follows.

This issue has been ongoing for almost 2 years now. It seemed to have gone away for a number of builds but is fully back again. It is making Roon pretty much unusable

@James_Gray I run a Nucleus Rev B with 16 GB of RAM and have an additional SSD in the device. I have this issue since about 6 or 7 weeks.

I second this.

Hi @Axel_Lesch, I know you don’t have any problems in your Roon Setup, but unfortunately I do and that’s why I’m reporting them back here, as Support asked me to do.

I have completed all the suggested options. After a core reboot, the gaps are shorter, then after a while they get longer and longer. All other streaming apps show no abnormalities. Audirvana runs fine, Qobuz app runs fine, Wattson Music app runs fine.

What we are saying is that you should probably have your own thread see this point, because most other issues have been resolved (see thread below).

@benjamin wondering if you can help this gentleman out, it’s clear he’s been working on this for a while, and I’m guessing it’s not directly related to the primary Qobuz gap issue since the new release seems to have done it for most people (who aren’t concerned about short tracks, anyways). Thanks.

2 Likes

I have just contacted my ISP again and they will now send someone to check the connection here on site, and also my DSL modem / router. If they find anything that affects my network, I’ll report it here. They will come to my place the day after tomorrow to check it out.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to hijack this thread.

1 Like