1min29 strange problem

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC 7i7BNH / M2 SSD128 / 8Go RAM

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sonos and soon USB DAC+hifi out of the NUC

Hello. Rather annoying problem.
It does not come from qobuz since it happens even when I use music from my hard drive…

Every 1min29 the music stops a fraction of a sec goes a little back and plays again. When the track changes,. The problem continue as if nothing had happened.
For example : problem - 1min - new track- 29sec - problem…

I tried something:
Stop the nuc XX sec after the problem then switch on …

• Stop 27sec after the problem: it comes back 27sec after I play again. Interesting BUT:
  • Stop 1min after the problem, I switch of the nuc then on, it comes back after 1min35
  • Stop 20sec after the problem, back 1min07 after play again…

But each time the problem stays with a frequency of 1min29,5… The screen of the application on my phone goes black with a message “lecture inactive” (inactive reading)
Thank you for your help.

For information I tried with the phone switched off… Same thing.
I do not know why the blank is longer and lasts now for 5 sec. I do not know what has triggered this…

Is the issue synchronised to some external event occurring every minute and a half?

Sounds like the system time of your devices are not in sync. Do you have a way to check that aspect? Also a restart/reboot of all devices (including the network (router/switches) might help as most devices try to sync their system time with online time servers when restarting/rebooting.

Thank you my friends. I’ll read in detail what you suggest but I have resolved the problem with a solution that is not perfect but for the moment ok.
I had an android box to play in another room. This box had stayed for a long time on roon application. If I switch this box off or if I reset roon on it all is ok…

“Ok” is not really true because on this box alone the music stopes after around 30minutes (but the delay is not always the same) whereas with Netflix it worked fine. I think I have to update roon on it.
Will tell you here if the update was successful.
Thank you guys

Hi @Digipat,

You mentioned you have Sonos and the android box, did this issue impact both zones?
Does this behavior also occur when you try to play to your phone’s internal speakers zone?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.