2.0 Roon Arc download

ROON 2.0
Pretty impressive
FLAWLESSLY DOWNLOADED
ROON ARC A BREEZE TO DOWNLOAD AND READY TO USE. TRIED IN MY CAR WORKS GREAT!
SHOUT OUT TO ROON STAFF
WELL DONE
SO FAR

25 Likes

Lucky you! I tried to DL and install multiple times during lunch on Android but it never got past “Preparing” despite my toggling Wifi and LTE on and Off and restarting phone. I will have to wait until I get home, lol. I’ve had this problem on other apps before, but generally, starting download, cancelling and starting it again gets me the download. Oh well…

Has the MacOS file been updated? I have an M1 MacBook Air and never installed Roon because it wasn’t native. I tried installing just now and it’s still asking to install Rosetta to run. Based on the announcement, I thought it was native and Rosetta shouldn’t be needed?

Funny you should say that becuse when I installed and updated to Roon 2.0 it was still showing as being Intel in the Activity Monitor. However, I then quit and restarted Roon and it is now showing as Apple. :+1:

Yep, absolute breeze to install and configure. Just needed to open one port on my Linux core. Bravo Roon.

1 Like

I cannot use Roon ARC app as a remote. This app plays the music only on my iPhone speaker, I want to listen to other devices connected with my home network. I cannot chose the speaker as I did with the previous Roon remote. Please help me

ARC is designed for “on-the-go”, while Roon Remote is designed for “in-the-house”.

3 Likes

Sorry Danny, so how I can use Roon remote app with Roon V 2.0 the previous app does not work. The message says that I should use the same version, that means V 1.8 in my core I think ?

1 Like

Hi Danny, Roon ARC is nice… but Remote is what I need. Did I missed something?

You need to update Roon Remote. It didn’t show up in the Apple App Store for me until 1:45PM EDT.

Try again in 30 minutes if you’re not seeing it in your app store.

1 Like

You need to download Roon Remote 2.0 from your app store.

I also had a flawless download and setup experience with ARC. Great work guys!

2 Likes

Thank you Team Roon. Flawless upgrade. Once I configured port forwarding Roon ARC worked great.
Appreciate all the hard work to make this upgrade a success.
Tony

2 Likes

Quickly downloaded and couldn’t find my Core at all. Even though it is a wired Roon Nucleus a few feet away. What am I doing wrong?

ARC is not a remote, it is for mobile access to your Roon library when out of the house.

Use the regular Roon app as a remote at home.

1 Like

It just quickly/immediately goes to No Roon Cores found.

There is no Qobuz service with Roon ARC, at least not direct access to Qobuz, correct?

Thank you Dan, I could update Roon remote to V 2.00 via iPhone App Store, and it is perfect

Do I need to do something to my Nucleus to make this work? My router? Download a Roon Remote app first?

1 Like

Same here. Downloaded the ARC app on my iPhone. It was a little tricky setting up the port forwarding as I am in Canada and use Rogers Ignite. But got it working and sounds fantastic through Apple Car Play in my car! Great job Roon!