2 copies of every itunes playlist?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Macos 10.14.6
1.6 build 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

N/A
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

N/A
Description Of Issue

Fresh database of roon (trying to fix some problems so reset via moving old library dir out of the way)
Only watching one dir
Have created some similar tidal playlists but those show up with the tidal icon so not the dupes I’m seeing

Have you tried rebooting everything?

Hi @Peter_Galvin,

Are there possibly two iTunes XML files in that watched folder?

I also see that they have a different number of tracks — Just to confirm, there aren’t multiples with different numbers showing in iTunes?

Correct itunes is clean.
Good call on multiple .xml files - like the source of the problem!
I removed the extra .xmls, but roon is still showing the dupes.
Do I need to reset roon or some such to get rid of them?

Hi @Peter_Galvin,

If you reboot you’re Core machine do you still see the duplicates?

Rebooted, duplicates still there.
Also did a force rescan…

HI @Peter_Galvin,

Thanks for giving that a try — I’ve passed this info along to the team so they can investigate the appropriate behavior here.

Can you share another screenshot showing some of the duplicates?

Thanks @Peter_Galvin — I’ll be sure to update you once I’ve received feedback from the team regarding our next steps here.

Hi @Peter_Galvin,

I just spoke with the team and they’re hoping you can do the following:

1. Open Terminal
  2. Go to the folder where your iTunes library is located
  3. Run this command: sudo find . -print | grep -i '.*[.]xml'
  4. Send us the output you see in Terminal

Thanks!

PBGs-iMac-2098:itunes pbg$ sudo find . -print | grep -i ‘.*[.]xml’

Password:

./iTunes Library.xml

./music/deadmau5/_ album title goes here / album title goes here _ - iTunes Extras (v2.1).itlp/manifest.xml

./music/Unknown Artist/Unknown Album/Jack White Full Set Glastonbury 2014 Live on the Pyramid Stage._mp4_JRSidecar.xml

./music/Various artists/iTunes Holiday Sampler/iTunes Holiday Sampler - iTunes LP (v3.0) 1.itlp/manifest.xml

./music/Various artists/iTunes Holiday Sampler/iTunes Holiday Sampler - iTunes LP (v3.0).itlp/manifest.xml

Hi @Peter_Galvin,

I met with the team to discuss this and wanted to follow up with you on next steps here.

Previously, you had the two XML files running at once which caused duplicates to appear in your library, and the team is hoping to see what happens here when only the one of the XML files in place. With that in mind, we were hoping you could try to do a fresh import of your media into a new Roon database. Please see the following steps:

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Close Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder
  • Re-import your media
  • When the import is done, check the iTunes playlist and let us know if the example track from above is in the playlist and whether or not the numbers match
  • Let us know when the import is finished and we will enable diagnostics if things aren’t matching so we can review what is occurring during the time of the import

Thanks!

Okay reimporting media to roon now. About 1/2 way done and so far only one of each playlist, so perhaps this will solve the problem. Will check when it’s done and let you know.

Hurray, looks very good. Playlists as appropriate and track counts almost the same. Thanks for the help!

Hi @Peter_Galvin1,

That’s great news, I’m glad things are working properly for you now. If you have any further questions about this please let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.