20 to 30 second pause when switching tracks

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

roon rock Version 1.0 (build 227) stable
Version 1.8 (build 764) stable
NUC10i7FNH1
Library: Local on internal 2TB 870 QVO

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Mikrotik 750G r3
Wired

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sonos, Blueound, Pi4 running Ropieee

Description Of Issue

I can quickly switch between tracks just fine, but if a song has been playing more than about 30 seconds, I have to wait 20 to 30 seconds before playback will resume. Doesn’t matter if it’s locally stored on the internal SSD or streamed via Tidal/Qobuz. Doing this with all endpoints.

Thx for addressing this issue. I for myself wanted to listen to Qobuz streams. Album work, search function works fine, but I am not able to play Qobuz streams (album on musicfolder work, Internet radio work). Never had this issue before … appreciate your help, too.

Do you have any Sonos endpoints? I’m thinking my issue might be related to Sonos streaming…

No. Do not have Sonos endpoints. Greetings

Hello @Jason_Henry ,

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Can you please confirm if a reboot of your ROCK Core and/or router helps with the issue?

Have you been able to confirm that the issue only impacts your Sonos zones?

I still get longer pauses than I would expect here and there, but seems much better since rebooting all the Sonos devices.

1 Like