5.1 not selectable for HDMI output (Intel Display Audio)?

Dear support and/or other visitors,

I’m still a trial user, but: WOW, what a stunning update today !
Just like many others, I’ve been eagerly awaiting v1.3. My reason for this was multichannel support.
With working multichannel, this would be an immediate purchase for me.

However, I can’t get this to work. I hope you can support or advise me on the following.

Setup is simple : I have an Intel NUC6i5SYH running Win10, and full Roon 1.3 build 193 64bit.
I use the Intel’s HDMI as sound output, and connect that directly to an AV receiver (Marantz NR1504). All the latest drivers for this NUC are installed.

When I try to setup Roon to output Multichannel, I get the following :

:
As you can see, only 2.0 is selectable. The rest is greyed out, as if it were not available on that device. (Yes, the receiver was turned ON before booting the PC).

But in reality the Intel DOES pass multichannel : I can play it perfectly fine in JRiver, and also the test procedure inside Windows device manager can correctly identify and play over each of my seperate speakers.

1. Is this ‘expected behaviour’, or should Roon be able to output multichannel over the Intel Display Audio HDMI ?
  2. What can I do, or provide to you, to further troubleshoot this ?
  3. Could anyone with the same NUC try to reproduce this, and share your result ?

I’m quite an advanced computer user, so, feel free to get technical if needed.

Thanks very much in advance ! Best regards,
Marco de Jonge

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: OPP1103-RPT Multichannel issues on Windows