7 inch tablets

Bingo.

I would live this too.

Come on @danny get your finger out. :smile:

Rik

Hrm… a very simple zone switcher/controller for phone? It’s not a bad idea…

1 Like

Would love to give it a spin on my note 3. But currently it won’t let me try it on the play store. If you have an app I could download and sideload, I’d be happy to give it a spin

Add in simple list based Artist > Album > Play navigation and you’re Basically done with the phone app, as far as I’m concerned. Laptop and tablet are great for the full, immersive Roon experience, but the phone is ideal for these times you just want to play something, pronto!

2 Likes

How’s this working on 7 inch tablets with the new builds?

Actually, I downloaded the apk you posted for the Amazon Fire tablet and installed it on my Note 3 It worked, kind of I attached it and could stream music to my phone via wifi and then out Bluetooth to stereo system 24/192 playback had issues though.

Must be nice, still can’t install it because google wont let me.

@Rugby:

It worked on my Nexus7, but the UI elements are tiny (not unusably tiny, but annoyingly tiny). I was using my Nexus7 to stream to a BT speaker using Roon for a family get together today and it worked great (other than the UI being a hard to navigate due to the size).

Once the IOS app is baked, do you have any plans to support some sort of UI or element scaling for 7" tablets and phones?

yup. we’ll eventually get there.

4 Likes

Hi,

I have a SAMSUNG SM-T230 Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 WiFi with resolution of 1.280 x 800 Pixel and Android 4.4. I can install the roon app, but it doesn’t run. When I tap on the Icon, the app beginns t open (roon logo is shown), but after a hort while the logo disappeers and thats all. Nothing happend …

Does this Tab has not the minimum standards?

Armin

1 Like

Sorry for reviving an old thread but does this link still work? I am not able to access it. I would like to install Roon Remote on my Nexus 7 but it is showing as incompatible in Play Store.

Thank you.

1 Like

yes the link works (I just grabbed it to test), also you can grab the apk from our download page: https://roonlabs.com/downloads.html

That’s exactly what mine does.

I have the last Nexus 7 model, running the latest M release (MOB30P). Roon Remote works well on it except when it “decides” to switch to landscape mode, typically when re-foregrounded after a long sleep. It gets stuck in that state, and it can’t do anything. Only solution is to force-stop the app and wipe the cache. Then it gets back to normal portrait mode. Until next time, that is…

2 Likes

I use an Asus Zenpad (8") for almost anything around the house, and I use portrait mode exclusivly. Except for roon, that is. Roon forces landscape all the time. The screen is ultra high resolution, and Roon would look just fine in portrait. Any way to fix this? This is a major annoyance.

I see sometimes a similar problem on my Nexus 7, but if I quit Roon (right swipe on the running app stack you get from the right [ ] bottom button) and restart, I get it back to portrait.

On the Asus Room unfortunately always uses landscape. Maybe this is due to the screen resolution of 2048 x 1536.

Three have been a number of discussions here about this issue. See this for example.

@philr thank you. I understand phone = portrait, tablet/desktop = landscape by design. Oh well…