7i7BNH USB to Yggdrasil - No device config

Thanks for the suggestion. I did download the Schiit drivers a couple of days ago and extracted them to the Downloads folder. But when I run Setup.exe, it gets to the following dialog box requesting me to attach a CMEDIA USB2.0 Audio Device. The Yggdrasil is connected and I can play music out of it. But the installation program doesn’t recognize it. Windows (the OS) does recognize it and identify it correctly.

In the screenshot below you can see the installation program prompting me to connect to the Yggdrasil. If I click the OK button, the box just pops back up. After several OK’s, the installation program aborts. You can also see in the taskbar that Windows recognizes the Yggdrasil as being attached.

So far I’ve been able to play music and for me it sounds fine (although my nicer speakers haven’t arrived yet. The cobbling together of this stereo system is still a work in progress). I exchanged a couple of emails with Schiit Audio yesterday but didn’t get any useful information. I’m going to try and contact them again today. When I initially encountered this installation problem early on in this process, I just assumed they weren’t intended for the Yggdrasil or that it didn’t really matter since the Windows 10 drivers seemed to be doing a good job. But based on everything I’m seeing I keep getting the suspicion that something about the USB in my DAC is different than earlier models. I don’t know if it’s an actual hardware change but this interface seems to be partially broken. It works fine under certain conditions so it’s not 100% broken. But if both Roon & Schiit’s software is having a problem with it, then I think that’s a clear indication something’s amiss. When I contacted Schiit via email, I sent them a link to this post but all they did was send me a one sentence reply with a hyperlink to the Roon documentation.

The ultimate goal of this exercise was to get ROCK on the NUC working as that was the hardware I had for a dedicated media device. Windows & Mac operability were simply tests to see if anything would work. But at this point, I will count any sound coming through any version of any Roon software on any platform as a win.