A proposal to add the currently used MUSE preset to the ROON interface, next to the Audio output icon

I use my DAC as a source to power an audio amplifier with speakers or for listening on headphones.
For each of these settings, mainly due to the PEQ settings for headphones, I have different MUSE settings.
Therefore, there is a usability problem - after switching the headphones/speakers output, I often forget to switch the MUSE presets in Roon.
Of course, I know that no one will ever do it for me, but there are several options for user support in such a case, and I think this is a quite common problem:

1. In the Roon user interface, next to the audio output icon at the bottom of the Roon window, you would be able to display the name of the currently used preset
  2. In the Roon parameter settings, in the Audio section, you could provide a device definition as a real Audio device but in combination with Preset MUSE, a kind of virtual device. Of course, such a set should have name/icon properties and a copied/duplicated function for easier definition.

I would be greatly obliged if such an improvement could appear in the future.

1 Like

There is an open feature suggestion where you can vote

While Roon are at it, please address:

• Ability to rename muse individual filters which make up the preset
  • Update/Correct the procedural DSP engine to operate as a speaker manager, with discrete fader operation [open ticket]

To be clear, this is not a trivial change I don’t think. The way MUSE works today is as an endpoint DSP. I imagine the Roon code hands off the audio stream to some endpoint API that then applies DSP, so I imagine making DSP applied in the pre-routed signal might require some non-trivial work.

However, given Roon’s use of it’s own rich and customizable database, it is uniquely positioned to incorporate such a by-track DSP feature, in my opinion.

It’s the opposite everything is done in the server, hence the questions about zones and DSP in sizing a server.
Everything happens before the end zone as you can see below

1 Like

Yes, it is of course done in the server. I am talking about the structure of the code. You would have to build a facility in the code to apply DSP pre-routing to the endpoint.

These are some of the changes I would expect:

1. You would have to build a method to define and save specific DSP setups (not saved as “Endpoint ABC”)
  2. You would have to add the ability of the code to apply such DSP pre-routing. For example, if I am routing to two endoints, “ABC” and “DEF”, I would need to apply this DSP prior to double-routing. Then each endpoint would apply its own subsequent DSP.
  3. You would have to build a GUI to manage these settings.

These are not trivial process changes.

I made the same suggestion.

I would love to be able to select the DSP presets from the bottom panel.