A question about track vs album level Genres and Roon Radio

I’ve a number of albums my artists that have written and performed in various languages and genres eg. Folk, Blues/Rock and Hard Rock.

If the tracks in an album are tagged with differing genre/style entries depending on the track e.g. a live recording spanning tracks that are Folk, Blues/Rock and Hard Rock AND the album is unidentified in Roon I see Roon applies all the genre/style entries to the album, so in this example the album would be associated with Folk, Blues/Rock and Hard Rock.

How does Roon Radio handle this - does it look at album level genre metadata or track level metadata in selecting tracks (I get that Roon doesn’t do track-level genre/style, but figured I’d ask what Roon Radio references in picking a track?

Genres are taken into consideration in our current “Radio” implementation, and also in our older “limited to library” Radio algorithm that you get when you don’t have a streaming service enabled.

Genres are less of a factor when our machine learning infrastructure is involved, but neither implementation considers track level genres, since all genres in Roon are at the album level.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.