A set of very specific questions

Thanks to both of you! I will do some more reading and experiment further. It appears you’ve solved my problem.

1 Like

I would wait a bit in patience as Roon is currently implementing MQA. I expect that they will add a MQA tag to MQA albums once Roon is able to do the first unfold and offer 24bit/96k MQA from Tidal.

1 Like

Is there some reason to think what Chris has suggested will interfere in some way with future implementation of MQA by Roon? That does not seem likely to me.

If it were a matter of tagging the files just for record-keeping purposes I could be more patient. But if I wait for the implementation I simply am not easily able to choose MQA files to play in Roon today. That’s not satisfactory as Roon’s link to Tidal DOES allow us to hear the MQA files now.

It seems very unlikely to me as well. I suspect that what will happen is that Roon will be able to populate the Version field with an “MQA” value itself. Chris’ method is simply manually filling in the Version field value for those albums that you have identified as being MQA (it’s what I do too).

2 Likes

It’s not that version information will be lost, more that it will be much easier to identify and work with MQA albums (Focus, Bookmark, Tag etc) when Roon implements it’s MQA solution.

1 Like