A specific question on Album Sorting

Thanks Dave & Scott. I think I might be getting there. I also found another thread here (Is it possible to list albums by artists and then album title alphabetically?) which, together with what you told me, seems to indicate that I am almost certainly OK.

Here is a screenshot from the other thread that shows exactly the screen I am concerned about…

From that drop-down where the poster highlighted the last item I presumably select the first (“Sort by Artist”) option and from reading that other thread the default second-level sort (in fact only second-level sort option unless that guy’s feature request has been addressed since that thread) then seems to be to sort albums within the artist groups by date which is exactly what I want anyway and doing what you two showed me in Settings>General will get me the chronological-order sorting within the artist groups that I’m looking for.

If the above is right then my remaining question is, on that Settings>General page that you Scott posted a shot of, is the “Name for Artists Sorting” setting (the one immediately below the ones you circled) also used by the album browser when it is set to “Sort by Artist”, i.e. can I enforce that sort to be by last name not first name, or is that Settings>General option strictly for sort order when in the artist browser?

By the way, the reason I’m not simply trying this for myself is because my audio system has broken (after 24 years - not a bad run!) and my new Roon-ready equipment won’t be delivered until next week at the earliest. With the relatively short (in my opinion) 14 day trial period for Roon I don’t want to start the clock ticking now and then at best have used half the trial before my hardware arrives or at worst if there is a delivery delay have the trial expired before I can even test it with my new hardware. I’m trying to get a bit of a head start with a few questions here.