Ability to customize home screen (and menus)

hopefully the @moderators can combine this thread with the one listed to combine votes.

3 Likes

That would truly be a Christmas miracle.

I like the home page. I really like the “what you’ve been listening to” section. The home page gives me a lot of options for music discovery, if I want to listen to something specific I can search, easy peasy.

+1 for ability to customize which sections appear on home screen.

Greatly agree with above posts. If users don’t benefit from a particular section (eg., ‘recent listening’ or ‘what you’ve been listening to’) there should be a sub-menu or option that allows them to remove it from display.

2 Likes

Came here specifically, just now, to see if this was a feature request I could +1.

I use Roon every day, always only ever glad I have it, but 100% of what’s available to me in the main portion of the main screen is useless.

3 Likes

+1
I did not subscribe only because of lack of this ability

+1 are meaningless tbh.
Go to the top of the thread and actually cast a vote…

3 Likes

Hello
is it possible to manually set up home screen with css skills in editing some ui files?

Highly unlikely, Roon is not really aimed at DIY

There are so many ways to get where you want to go , just experiment a bit

So many ways to remove some items from homepage? Could you be more specific please?

No not remove from home page.

I rarely use homepage . I use Tags, Bookmarks , Composer View, Composition View etc

You are right the Home page is cluttered

I think you did not read the title of this topic :wink:

No I read it , I was offering an alternative navigation technique working on the fact that its unlikely it will change.

It has been requested multiple times with no response from Roon. Roon has very firm opinion about the layout of its app , it also has a way of ignoring such feature requests :smiling_imp:

+1 for making the Home Screen more customisable. I particularly dislike having to see the “Live Radio” section when I do not listen to radio.

I too rarely use the Home Screen, why is it so important to you? If you could customize it what would you have on there? Not poking you genuinely interested.

Hello
i use homescreen to access quickly to all the features i need.
I use a smartphone, so i don’t have big space, that’s why i would like to see only sections i use.
It’s an ergonomy point.

2 Likes

Love Roon, but the home page needs the ability to organize based on user’s preference. For instance, almost half of the page is useless information for me. I don’t care at all about the content at the very top of the page – my name in huge type, the number of albums, artists, tracks, composers and the 'Recent Activity" section. Those three things take up the entire screen on my computer, so I literally have to scroll down from the very start just to get to any relevant content.

I also don’t care about anything I did recently – the “Recent activity” section I referred to, the whole “Recent listening” section, which takes up a massive amount of screen real estate in the middle of the home page, and “Your recent artists” – all of this is completely useless content to me.

What this means is that all content of any relevance to me is mostly at the bottom of the page. Please make a way to organize the home page! As it stands it is a very poor and locked in user experience.

There are several existing feature suggestion topics for this, the one with the most votes seems to be this. Adding your vote and thoughts there will probably have the most effect (without guarantees :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Great! I’ll add my vote. It’s hard to find related topics, at least for me. Perhaps I’m not adept in navigating this forum, but I did do a search and didn’t find anything. Thanks for the tip

I’m spending too much time here and somehow seem to have a good feeling for finding the right search terms, so am happy to help out :slight_smile:

1 Like