Ability to customize home screen (and menus)

Please make this happen. There is so much useless content (to me) clogging up the home page.

Deleted, overlooked

I’ve often believed the home page should be fully customisable. Given the various elements are almost certainly self contained “web parts” they should absolutely be able to be organised in a different manner.

There’s no reason in a modern UI like this that layout customisation shouldn’t be considered standard functionality. We can all do it on our phones, computers, televisions, web browsers and even in high end applications like photoshop and Premier.

Cmon roon, sort it out, this isn’t rocket science

3 Likes

Easy done, you do need timeout every now and then.

1 Like

Roon is a skin for your music collection, at least for me. Customising the home screen would be a welcoming addition to improving Roon.

3 Likes

I have no interest in anything but my favorite coming up at the top of the Roon display in both Tidal and Qobuz.

Can this be changed?

No the display is fixed currently I suggest you move this thread to feature requests and see if it gathers any interest from other users. Personally I have no interest in favourites as I don’t have any. I just use it for discovery these days.

Elwood would not be able to so I’ve moved it over.

Isn’t this essentially this?

1 Like

I’m a long-term Roon subscriber and greatly appreciate the value the software brings to my music listening experience. However, there is one aspect of the user interface that I find rather intrusive—the “New releases for you” section on the Home Page.

As I am already paying for the product, I find this feature essentially acts as an ad space, taking up valuable screen real estate and promoting content that in the best case rarely aligns with my musical preferences. Furthermore, I prefer to get my music recommendations from people and trusted sources, not algorithms or ad sales. I beleive Roon’s strong point is the personal connection between the listener, the library and the music. The “New releases” section contradicts this approach to listening to music and it would be better if we could opt out.

Feature Request:

I would like to request the option to disable or minimize the “New releases for You” section on the home screen.

Specifically, here are some ways this feature could be implemented:

1. Toggle On/Off: An option in settings to completely disable this section.
  2. Customize Home Page: Allow users to customize what appears on their home screen, so that they can remove or resize this section according to their preference.

Why This Is Important:

• User Autonomy: Providing users with the ability to control what they see on their Home Page enhances user satisfaction and the overall Roon experience.
  • Screen Space: The current “New Releases for You” section takes up twice the space of other content on the Home Page, reducing space for features that I use more frequently.
  • Relevance: For users like me, who are not interested in the feature, it serves as a constant stream of irrelevant suggestions, essentially acting like an ad for music that I have no intention of listening to.
  • Human Connection: I believe music recommendations should come from genuine human interactions and personal preferences, rather than impersonal algorithms or ad-driven agendas.

I understand that some users might find this feature useful, which is why I’m suggesting making it optional rather than removing it entirely.

1 Like

There’s a feature suggestion:

1 Like