Ability to search by label on Tidal

I would love the ability to search by record label. To clarify, I know that I can do this for records in my collection, but I would like to search by label on Tidal

13 Likes

I really want this one too!

Yes, this would be awesome. Labels are a huge part of the picture and they have been largely forgotten in streaming services.

I’m surprised there isn’t more votes for this! Would be amazing to have this feature.

I’d like this feature also!

I’d really like to see this feature too!

I’d love to see this, if it’s possible.

I’d love to see this as well.

one more vote.

Bumping this because being able to start a label-based radio would be excellent. I still hope at least searching by label will eventually be extended to streaming services. Maybe this is more feasible now that Roon is digging deeper into non-library tracks? It would be a great feature for discovery.

2 Likes

I really want this one too!

Yes, I keep checking for this possibility whenever I see a new update!

+1 for this one as well. Not just Tidal, but Qobuz as well, please :wink: That’s the only reason I still use Qobuz app sometimes.

+1 for me too.

+1 for me too … but also on Quobuz

A few months back I opened a feature request directly at Tidal. I got the answer that this is not on their roadmap.
I suspect the Tidal api doesn’t support this either.

That’s sad to hear. Is this avalible in Quobuz? Almost reason enough to change if yes… specially if it becomes a Roon feature with Quobuz!

After you enter a search in Qobuz (for example “Blue Note”) you have the option to filter by “label” and then you can click “Releases” to see the albums. You can also filter by “New Releases” or “Hi-Res.” There’s no way to sort results by year of release though.

Though this doesn’t have any votes, suggest @moderators may want to close and consolidate with the primary feature request (because it is featured quite high on forum search)…

And an other “search label” request thread, how many now ………
Good idea to consolidate with the other threads Johnny. Let’s see if something happens.