About the DSP category

Discussion of Digital Signal Processing, including room correction products like Dirac, Acourate, HAF, and more!

Well no one has posted here in over 1.5 years so I’m probably in the wrong forum. So moderators may move this.

I recently added a Parametric EQ to adjust for my hearing loss. I also adjusted Headroom from -3 to -6 since my Signal Path indicator was flashing red.
Now comes the Forrest Gump part. I noticed in the upper left corner under presets I had an option called “pioneer elite”, which is my preamp and sound processor. I don’t remember creating it :roll_eyes: But, being curious, I enabled it. My audio became much more pronounced in the area of vocals; louder, clearer.
The Pioneer Elite comes with a mic and a setup called MCACC Pro.I had long ago run a calibration with it, saved it, and enabled it on the Elite. I don’t believe the Pioneer can “send” the EQ to Roon, but that “pioneer elite” in the Presets puzzles me. Like I said, probably Forrest Gump. My other question is this: I actually like the sound with the preset “pioneer elite” on. Can I add the Parametric EQ to it or does one override the other?
Thanks!