Abruptly Ending Playing Tracks - Qobuz and Sonos

I am now at my condo (2nd location) and was playing the same Abbey Road album. It played for a while and then at 1:57 PM CST, playback stopped and I received the message “Roon lost control of the audio device”. I restarted the album and then at 2:00 PM CST I received the same message again.

And it was playing over a Sonos Connect as was it earlier this morning at my home.

Thanks, @richard_rubenstein!

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

The diagnostics were enabled previously. What have you learned since then.

Seems like this is just an automated response without anyone looking into the problems.

Hi @richard_rubenstein,

I enabled diagnostics both times so that we could review both instances of this issue that you reported to us. Unfortunately, though, the diagnostics report has not reached our servers in either instance. I also ran a quick test and I was able to submit a similar report from my setup here, so something else is going on.

So we can move forward, I was hoping for now you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

This is a Google Drive Link:

Please confirm that this worked.

Thanks, @richard_rubenstein — The logs have been downloaded and passed to the team for analysis.

In the meantime, can you confirm if there is any change if you connect a Sonos device via Ethernet?

I connected a Sonos Play:1 hardwired, thru a gigabyte switch, and confirmed through mu Google Wifi app that it was hard wired. The problems still exit.

Thanks for confirming, @richard_rubenstein. We’ll follow up as soon as the team’s analysis is completed.

Dylan,

At the suggestion of a friend, I made some changes in my network configuration. I turned off Windows Defender and turned on BitDefender Firewall. Although it’s only been running now for 20 minutes or so, everything is working! I’ve tried streaming to a Play:1, Sonos Connect and a Sonos Amp. So far so good.

I would have your team hold off for now. Let me run the system for a few days to see if there are any more cliches.

Hi @richard_rubenstein — Glad to hear that things are running smoothly so far! Let us know how this goes.

Sorry Dylan, my excitement was premature. The problems still exist. Let me summarize where we are:

1. The BitDefender Firewall is running
  2. I have a Sonos device connected via ethernet
  3. I have run Roon on 5 different end devices:
    a. A Sonos Beam, using AirPlay, which works perfectly
    b. A Bluesound Node 2 which works perfectly
    c. A Sonos Play:1, using Sonos Streaming, which exhibits problems
    d. A Sonos Connect, using Sonos Streaming, which exhibits problems
    e. A Sonos Connect Amp, using Sonos Streaming, which exhibits problems

I really want to get this resolved so let me know how I can help.

Thanks for the update, @richard_rubenstein, and apologies for the continued troubles.

The team is still investigating the prior report — I’ll be sure to reach out ASAP once they’ve provided their feedback.

Dylan,

Here’s a link to a video I took. Roon was playing to a Sonos Connect.

I played the same album to a Sonos Play:1 a Sonos Beam and a Sonos Connect:Amp all of which worked fine. The Connect, however, had problems as you will see.

Any update?

Hi @richard_rubenstein,

You have our apologies for the delay here! I checked our internal tracker and I see that the technical team is still reviewing the logs you sent over. I requested an update from them and I’ll be sure to reach out soon!

Hi @richard_rubenstein,

I spoke with the team on this. They’re hoping to get a bit more data about this issue that you’re experiencing and they’ve asked that you please perform this test:

1. Connect the Sonos Play:1 directly to the main router via Ethernet
  2. Try playing content directly to the Play:1 (only the Play:1 — Not grouped with any other zones)
  3. If the same behavior occurs, make a note of the time it occurs so we can enable further diagnostics for this test run

Thanks!

Dylan,

Thanks for getting my trial extended. I do want to make this work.

The ‘main’ router is a Google WiFi device and not in a place convenient to listen to music. I did connect a Play:1 to a 1gb switch which is directly connected to the mail Google WiFi device. The Play:1 did not exhibit any problems.

I then tried the same album, using the same Roon controller (on my Core) and output it to a Sonos Connect. Again, no problems. The Sonos Connect had been one of the devices causing the most problems.

The two devices that have been most problematic have been the Sonos Connect and the Sonos Connect Amp. Should any problems occur on either, I will note the time, the device and the music that was playing.

Was your team able to analyze the logs I sent you?

Thanks

As soon as I finished the previous note, at about 5:05:30, I started playing Lady Antebellum’s Ocean. The beginning of the first track was a little garbled. It then played for about 45 seconds then skipped to the second track.

So from about 5:05:30 to about 5:07:00. Check it out. Time is CST.

Hi @richard_rubenstein,

Which device were you playing to at this time?